• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2015 Tahoe Price

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
MSRP $53,995 Have the dealer down to $50,250...I am currently "working" 2 dealers Anyone know or have any idea what I may be able to get the final selling price down too ? They do not know about a potential trade-in so that wont affect the price. They think I am going to buy w/o trading anything in.

@HawkTX bought a new one a month or so ago, he might be able to give you an idea of what his final price was..

Sticker was $69,250 on the one I got, but it has everything you can get on the LTZ 4WD. I got them down to $64K and they gave me $45K for my 2012 F250, which was paid for. I got them to throw in the extended warranty with that number. It's the most I've ever paid for a vehicle, but I really like it so far. It is for sure a supply and demand thing because when I pulled the "you have to come down or I will walk scenario" they called my bluff and said they could sell it within the next couple of days.

It has the upgraded towing package which has the larger rear axle, auto leveling, 22 inch wheels, automatic running boards and a ton of other crap that I won't use.... LOL! When I drop the boat on the hitch you can hear it kick in like airbags filling up. It hauls my boat almost as good as the F250.

409431277.jpg

Last edited:
I have the air leveling system on my Expedition EL Limited as well. Unfortunately, I have had to replace the compressor twice thus far. I also notice that the more age you get on the vehicle the louder the compressor is which can be quite annoying. On a funny note, I picked up my brother-in-law and his girlfriend to drop them off at the airport a few months back. He loads the bags and gets in the car. A few minutes later she comes out and hops in. As I put it in gear, she hears the compressor running and says "what is that noise". I respond that it is the air leveling system, but it usually only turns on when I connect the boat........apparently she didn't think it was too funny.

Regarding the new Tahoe/Suburban. I am also interested in them and my wife's cousin owns one of the local Chevy dealerships. He has told me that they are selling them as quick as they get them or trading them to other dealers who have demand. They have no incentive to deal at the moment. That said, because of the price increases, he has also stated that he expects a larger depreciation hit and thinks a good deal will be had at auction in the next 1-2 years on slightly used units. The LTZ costs what the Escalade used to cost just a few years ago. Beautiful vehicles, but IMO the price has gotten out of hand.

I agree about the prices being out of hand. The Escalade loaded up like my Tahoe would have a sticker close to $90K. Crazy!

Last edited:
I think you are better off selling your car and getting a pile of cash to bargain with at the dealer. Once you spring that you have a trade, your gonna get hurt $ wise. Trades cost dealers money...you'll never get the real value in a trade to a dealer.

Work your deal to the bone then say you got 10 grand cash (or whatever) to put as down payment if they go X amount lower to close the deal.

I agree with the above statements about how the hell does GM get off raising the roof on vehicle prices while doing very little quality improvements? They get away with it because the over seas manufacturers raise their prices to cover redesigns and quality improvements. People judge equality with sticker prices.

Anywho.... Hope you can work a great deal on your new vehicle!

truecar.com might help
Agreed. Truecar isn't in all states anymore (something about being a "broker" is illegal in some states) but it always showed lower prices when I was truck and SUV shopping a couple of years ago. You may not get down that low, but you can see what others are getting without giving them your information so dealers start hounding you. I always used this to determine how much room dealers had and if my target was lower than Truecar, I knew it was a pipe dream.

I think these vehicles are just starting to trickle in as I have only seen a few and not many on the lot I pass everyday on the way to work. SUVs are selling very well it seems based on the number I see on the road and this is a brand new model.

doesn't truecar depend on historical purchase data? Not too many of these purchased compared to previous years. When we saw the price on the new Suburban and Tahoe... it pretty much put the nail in the coffin on buying a GM car new. It's totally outrageous. makes me think that the price will dive in 3 months. Let their Q3 suck, and GM will be forced to drop their pricing and REALLY bargain on Q4 EOY pricing. 60K for a Tahoe, even if it's loaded when you compare it to the same thing last year for 48K is kind of telling. Sure the technology is better, and blah blah blah - but that's just quite a huge jump.

I thought this was a thread about Tahoe boats at first.

Reactions: 007
I just know you can by those Tahoe boats at Bass Pro and Cabela's.

doesn't truecar depend on historical purchase data? Not too many of these purchased compared to previous years. When we saw the price on the new Suburban and Tahoe... it pretty much put the nail in the coffin on buying a GM car new. It's totally outrageous. makes me think that the price will dive in 3 months. Let their Q3 suck, and GM will be forced to drop their pricing and REALLY bargain on Q4 EOY pricing. 60K for a Tahoe, even if it's loaded when you compare it to the same thing last year for 48K is kind of telling. Sure the technology is better, and blah blah blah - but that's just quite a huge jump.

It does, but it is the same model and options. They evidently use real-time dealer data so I doubt it is comparing to last year's model.

While I totally agree with you regarding everything being overpriced (and by "everything", I am talking about every new vehicle), I don't recall ever seeing a loaded Tahoe for $48k in the past several years. When I was looking in 2011 they were $60k+.

Straight from GM, who had their best sales month in June since 2007.
Deliveries of the Chevrolet Tahoe were up 93 percent and Suburban sales were up 73 percent.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2014/Jul/gmsales.html

A buddy of mine just bought a Tahoe deck boat with a tower and stereo package. He likes it a lot but has already gone through a couple of props :rolleyes:

A buddy of mine just bought a Tahoe deck boat with a tower and stereo package. He likes it a lot but has already gone through a couple of props :rolleyes:
If I still had a prop boat, I would most definitely be running a stainless prop. They cost more but they are far more durable. On a side note. How cool would a Yamaha deck boat be !!!

Cash doesn't always "Talk" the way it used to. . . . . with dealers often times getting kick backs on financing sometimes cash hurts a deal.

Cash doesn't always "Talk" the way it used to. . . . . with dealers often times getting kick backs on financing sometimes cash hurts a deal.
That is totally true. Even though I had $45K in equity in my trade and offered cash for the remaining it did not make a bit of difference to them.

Even MORE so on NEW Vehicles. . . . . But it is also true on used lots too. The long term financing gets them the most return since you are paying for the car AND the cash you borrow.

If I still had a prop boat, I would most definitely be running a stainless prop. They cost more but they are far more durable. On a side note. How cool would a Yamaha deck boat be !!!

The 24's are basically deck boats, they have head closets and bow layouts very similar to a deck boat. Minus the outboard engine of course...

As for having a stainless prop, I would rather the prop take the damage than the lower unit gear system. I think you are only supposed to buy a stainless prop if you are sure you wont hit anything...

Back