• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 yamaha 212ss upgrades

agarabaghi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Well here we go.

Replaced all the inboat and swim deck speakers with kicker audio 6.5 and 5.25 added a 10” kicker free air all powered off a single kicker amp.

we then removed the captains chair and added the cushion from a 212sx which isn’t an exact match but as the we replace the seats we will go with the sx theme.

we also add the JetBoatPilot sea deck kit!

Attachments

Jmulvihill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Looks really nice. We have a 2014 212ss, and are also thinking about removing the captain's chair on the passenger side and replacing with a filler cushion from a 2014 212x. That passenger seat just rides up way too high and the passenger just gets blown around with their head & shoulders riding up so high, so hoping that the 212x cushion replacement might help with that.

I have not looked closely yet as the boat is at our cabin a couple of hours away so can measure it, but do you happen to recall what the height difference of the stock chair mount at the drivers seat vs the mount on the passenger side? We had considered swapping them as I think that the driver's mount is shorter and I would like it to be a bit higher so as not having to use the bolster all of the time. ! will look at whether a swap of the mounts would work as our first option.

I assume that the cushion from the 212SX is similar to the 212X, so curious if it was as simple of a drop in as all of my research seems to say it is. Did you also get the backrest pad (Fore 5 - Item #19 on Yamaha drawing) that mounts below the glove box and the pad (Pad 1 - item #20 on Yamaha drawings) that goes along the side of the boat as the backrest for that area (that bottom cushion is shown as Fore 6 - Item #21)? It also looks like you fashioned a support bracket on the front (similar to Bracket #34 on drawing but mounted further forward), so that seems to mean that the cushion does not ride on that step (like a foot rest for passenger when using the standard SS seat) that is moulded in to the vertical area there below the glovebox; is that correct?

Again, looks great! I had been searching for some pics of this, and had failed to find any before. Have a great day!!