• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Yamaha 242/240 SiriusXM antenna?

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have knowledge on the antenna requirements?

I know you need to add the SXV 300v1 to the head unit in the helm compartment (and you need a subscription), but do you also need to run the antenna external to the helm compartment?

Is there already an integrated antenna that just plugs in?

Ken

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I know you need to add the SXV 300v1 to the head unit in the helm compartment (and you need a subscription), but do you also need to run the antenna external to the helm compartment?

Ken
Unless something has changed you need an antenna. Don't know if they can be under helm, but I mounted this one in front of dash http://www.boatersland.com/shasra25.html?gclid=CInTqZughcUCFdKFfgod2x0Auw . Pandora and other internet "radios" have made Sirius a questionable value IMO. I only had subscription for one year and turned off.

Ronald Moore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Ken
I agree with SCOKILL.. I play my Iheart Radio through the blue tooth. And with tmobile its unlimited data so no big deal. Also after the trial subscription with XM if you call to cancel you can get 6 months for $30.00, that's what I do in my car...

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My data plan is not unlimited (Verizon) so internet radio is not really an viable option. The last several times I had Siriusxm I got 5 months for $25. When I cancel, they call non-stop re-offering the deal.

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I noticed that a GPS antenna that looks suspiciously like the one on the AR240 doubles as an siriusxm antenna, I was just wondering if that is what we have in our boats? And if so, how to access the siriusxm aspect?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Don't know about the new models with connext but my 2010 242ls has three antennas. One for am/fm (standard plug like for auto stereos), one for gps (it looks like a hockey puck and is mounted in front of the driver's window and one for the satellite radio (mine wAs mounted on the helm/under the dash which is totally inappropriate since it is a line of site device). I have since replaced it with an antennae from a portable xm radio I used to have the connections are the same and have been on all of my xm / Sirius radios. I also relocated it to the top of the tower's tow point.
The 232 and 242 l and ls come or came satellite ready all you need to do is buy a subscription. The other boats may come with a radio that has satellite functionality but you still need to buy and install a module and antennae as well as subscribe to the service.

Here is a pic I took this weekend of my xm module (for lack of a better term). I have never seen one like this before in that it has a separte cartridge that fits into the mount. A special connector pictured is built into the head unit to connect this to. The antennae plugs into this assembly, you can see the mounting stub on the bottom right of the module.

image.jpg

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Kennc - I know this is an older thread but did you ever get your XM installed and working? I'd be happy to help. We just installed ours and only took a few minutes.

Steven Small

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
20160702_173213.jpg I never got it installed. The polk radio head takes a 10 pin. The sxm tuner cable comes with an 8 pin on my 2016 yamaha 242 limited. I called sxm, well I should have just talked to the wall.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does your 2016 have this port? This is a view of a 2015. I'll be honest I didn't count the pins. However it was an instant match.

xm.png

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last edited:

Steven Small

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We went to best buy and they opened the tuner box and it had a 8 pin cable.

Steven Small

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yes it looks exactly the same. I have a tuner here but its 8 pin and will not connect. When we went to BB and they opened the box it was 8 pin and looked exactly like what I have.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And Im guessing that you DO have that SXV300V1?

I should be home tomorrow and I can look then to ensure mine but I don't see them changing that plug from 15-16.

Steven Small

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Steven Small - what XM receiver do you have? Which one did you purchase?

Steven Small

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
To all that have contributed, I want to say THANK YOU! I changed out tuners and it worked just fine.

On a side note, the radio head is 10 pin, however the sxv300v1 is 8 pins as well but it only uses 8. New tuner clicked right in and hooked antenna up and it worked great.