• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S for sale - private seller NJ - SOLD!

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I am selling my boat before surgery that’ll take me out for the rest of the season. I purchased this boat from the original owner in April 2018 with 38 hours on the motors. I salt off the boat after every outing and washed it with boat soap. The boat is CLEAN! Maintenance was done by the book! I am a mechanic (among other trades) and I did the oil changes in 50 Hrs and 100 Hrs. with the spark plugs and all the points the service manual book ask for (I have the book). Sta-bil fuel stabilizer was/is added every time I fuel to compensate for the ethanol added to regular fuel (which was not designed for marine motors). Currently I have 142 Hrs on the motors.

Mechanically speaking, prior to this season the boat got new steering and gate cables, new impellers. New bilge pumps and alarms. I have all the invoices to prove it and can give you the old impellers if you would like to replace in the future, you send them to SBT for exchange. As I mention before, I do have the owner and service manuals and some dedicated tools to replace the impellers which will go with the boat.

Over the course of ownership I put many hours researching, sourcing parts and installing various upgrades. With the amount of fiber glass stuck under my skin, I thought I am becoming a human cactus. If I would to install my stereo system in a professional stereo shop, I would end up paying 5-6K and I promise you, I’d still do a better job. Why, cause it’s my nature and it’s my boat! In the last hour I dug online a list of hardware I purchased (from emails, Amazon, eBay, etc.) and listed it all on spreadsheet. To my amazement, I came up to about 10k. I know I listed most of it, but there’s no way I can account for every nut and bolt I ever purchased for this boat. I attached this spread sheet to the listing. This does not include the extensive amount of time and labor I put into the work. If one would have to find a professional to do the work, I am sure the cost would go up exponentially. Also worth mentioning, maintenance and mechanical items are not listed here. I dear you calling a dealer and asking a price for steering cable, gates cables, and remanufactured impellers and let’s see where this takes you.

I also created a video where I show my boat and all that I did for it. It is a long video. I was hoping to give back a little to all the new and present boat owners that are spending time online looking for solutions for their boats like I did. Some of the best ideas I got from people that were kind enough to post on forums or publish YouTube videos. Here is the link:

A new boat would run you 70k without the upgrades. Not much was changed from 2020 to 2015 year model that I can see. A new boat with my upgrades would run 85k? I am asking for $54,900 and hoping to get some offers. I can be reached at 917-309-2100. Please text if interested.

Thank you,
Eddie

Picture.JPGHardwar sale.JPG

Last edited:

Kesh4x4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hey Eddie, just wanted to say the video was a nice touch and shows you put a lot of effort into the boat and took great care of it. The price is a bit high for my interest but hope you get some good offers.

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a buyer for the boat coming up to test/check/inspect and hopefully drive home with it this weekend. Lets see how it goes. Thanks