• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Yamaha wake tower removal

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking to take this off for the winter to get it powder coated from the gloss white to black. Seems to be held by a retaining clip on each, and the safety braided wire, simple enough. What I haven’t been able trace is the where the wire loom goes and if there’s a set of disconnects or should I just clip it all? Anyone else attempted?

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Must be an unpopular topic. Worst case is I'll just cut and add quick connects.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Clipping the wire would probably be the easiest then use water proof crimps to join them back together. Keep us posted on the powder coat process that sounds like a nice project. Cost, handling of the tower of course pictures. If for some reason you need to remove the wire for the powder coat process feed something through that can be left in to help pull the wire through.

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I have never folded mine down and didn’t know about the wire. Only the 8 bolts I check a couple times a year that hold it to the hull. I have never seen the wire you are referring to on the inside of the hull so maybe they are just attached to the base plates.