• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 242 Limited “Float Mode” Question

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So first full day out on the new boat and I wanted to make sure I understand float mode.

I have the start battery switch and emergency battery switch off and the house battery switch on. I can’t seem to get the context to activate unless I turn the manual blower switch to on. Then it indicates float mode and the blower, bilge and stereo are all active.

Is this telling me to run the blower whenever I’m in float mode?

Thanks.

spwns105

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
With your house battery on, if you hold the sys control button for a couple seconds, it should power on the electronics. Can't remember if the key has to be in the on position or not.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
With your house battery on, if you hold the sys control button for a couple seconds, it should power on the electronics. Can't remember if the key has to be in the on position or not.
Yep, push and hold the Sys button - and no key on needed. If you want to turn the connext screen off again without using the battery switch just toggle the manual blower switch on and off.

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome ...thank you very much

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yep, push and hold the Sys button - and no key on needed. If you want to turn the connext screen off again without using the battery switch just toggle the manual blower switch on and off.
Thanks thats a big help

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length