• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 242 limited SE Check Port and Starboard engines

Wags04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Towards the end of last season we were out on the water. After about 15 min I got a beeping alarm. It was due to overheating. We putted into the marina and found the side pissers clogged with dirt and debris. I cleaned them both out and started getting great flow.

Since then I cannot get the "check starboard engine" "check port engine" alarms to reset. It beeps every few minutes on the water and I just silence the alarms. Local marinas don't have the connectivity capabilities for anything after 2014 they are saying.

I have put 15 hours on since the ordeal. Everything seems to be running very well. I have disconnected the batteries about 10 times, even touched the positive and negative together to release capacitor energy.

How in the world can i reset the alarms?

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2017. To clear the check engine, someone here recommended starting it three or four times without error and it will reset. It did the trick for me.

Wags04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I read that too. I have started it more than a dozen times since. To no avail.

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Possibly another trouble code that its throwing? Are the batteries in good shape? These boats are very picky about good clean voltage. Have you checked in the config menu for any errors? Otherwise you might have to hook it up with YDS and see what's going on.

Wags04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What model of YDS do I need and where do I connect on the boat? I'm willing to purchase it but all I've seen is older models through searches.

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length