• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 242 LS - SeaDeck or Factory Flooring From 2017

firecap797

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am so done with my carpet. I've cleaned and cleaned it and it still stinks. So I'm contemplating either ordering SeaDeck or to get the removable flooring from the 2017 boats.

Has anyone else put the Yamaha version of removable SeaDeck into an older boat? I know some snaps will need to be moved. Which one is better?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am far behind the times, removable seadek flooring? What? I have two sets of carpet from different model years, I would rather have hydro turf or seadek by but My wife and the girls love the carpet so ....

One thing about hydro turf and I think seadexk as well is that it is more prone to being permanently gouged/cut if an edge like a wake board or knee board skeg catches it. Removeable seadek maybe the answer for some but I am sure I’d forget to remove it sooner than later.

On a related note it took 5 teenage boys the better part of a weekend to remove all the additional hydro turf I installed on my boat a few years ago. Just something to be aware of as you are installing it.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would just go with the permanent seadeck, I doubt the cost differential will be significant (if at all), plus the hassle of having to move the snaps.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I immediately got rid of (sold) the carpet and put down the permanent Seadek. I could not see taking carpet out rinsing and reinstalling every time I went out. The Seadek is comfortable on the feet and EASY...did I say EASY. Just rinse and enjoy.SeaDek8.JPG

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I immediately got rid of (sold) the carpet and put down the permanent Seadek. I could not see taking carpet out rinsing and reinstalling every time I went out. The Seadek is comfortable on the feet and EASY...did I say EASY. Just rinse and enjoy.View attachment 70375
Looks great. How hard was it to remove the factory carpet snaps? Did you have to repair holes first? Any install tips?

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I pulled the snaps myself, (Philips screwdriver) easy job, just a lot of them. Then I used 5200 sealant in the holes. I had the Seadek installed since I live in Panama City. They did a great job as you can tell. I did install some additional pieces myself. I used Acetone to clean the area first and then cut the backing on the pieces in half with a razor knife. Tape the top of the Seadek you are installing in place, (make sure it is where you want it) then peel one half of the backing off and apply pressure from the center out. I applied a lot of pressure with a roller to insure a good seal. Then do the other half. @JetBoatPilot is really good at giving you advice and helping. I also sold my carpet on ebay in two days and got $275. I attached a file from SeaDek. Good Luck. :jimlad:[flag][flag][flag]

Attachments

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. Another project added to the list!

penziol

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Coheeba

Was the Seadeck precut for your boat or did you have to order a template kit and trace out all the pieces that you wanted. Just wondering if they have a kit for the entire boat specific to certain models similar to the swim platform ones they sell.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine was pre-cut. I think most of the Yamahas are at @JetBoatPilot . And they take care of you. Give them a ring, they will get you the right thing.

(Hey, I'm a poet, and I didn't even know it.)