• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 242X vs 2019 AR240 - Need help on height of 242x with tower and bimini collapsed

johnmctx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi all - my first post as I am just about to enter the jet boat world! But, I am struggling, and having trouble finding out some info. I have done most of the research on features, function, ride, etc etc, but cannot seem to locate anywhere the height of the 2016 242X with the tower and bimini collapsed. I have a lake house with an old 80s slip, and my clearance for a boat is somewhere between 7'5" and 7'8" to get boat out of the water and not hit the lift bar in the ceiling. The AR240 will fit just fine, but need to know on the 242x (preferred...I think). I found a lot of info for the height when on a trailer. Also, any feedback on the process for collapsing the 242x tower. We are frequent in and out of our slip in a pretty busy cove, so need to lift it a bit even when we are only leaving it slipped for a short time. appreciate any insight...plan to make the purchase on one of these boats this week. super low hours on the 2016 242x and priced about the same as the 2019 AR240. Look forward to joining your world!!!

Captain_Ron65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did you ever get an answer to this question. I have a similar issue with my recently purchased 2012 242 LS and a dry storage rack... still don't know the answer.

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It's on the Yamaha website for the current 242x...7'3" with tower folded.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It's on the Yamaha website for the current 242x...7'3" with tower folded.
I believe that the in-water height is 8'4" with the tower up. It looks like folding lowers the height by 11" (based on the trailer height values, so yes, 7'3" sounds right.

Ken Sherlaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Stewartsville NJ (Lake Wallenpaupack, PA)
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi everyone. This is an older post but not sure there has ever been a precise response. We are getting a dock built on Lake Keowee in SC. The top cross bar of the standard height dock is 9 feet above decking. Would anyone here happen to have their 2019 242x (or compatible) on a lift and know how much space is required above the boat to allow for the Bimini? I see on the specs sheet it says 8'2" bridge clearance and trailer height is 127" but don't really see a height if on a lift specifically. I don't want to have to "lower" it every time and that really doesn't provide much of a buffer anyhow. Thanks in advance.