• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 AR 240 rear LEDs.

lyrikz74

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love this site, tons of information. I just installed some rear transom lights and figured you guys would want to see them. They are
Lumitec Lighting 101516, SeaBlaze X2 Underwater Light. They are unbelievably bright. When i was pulling the boat out of the water, the people behind me asked politely if i would shut them off. These things are nuts.
Install was very easy. If you remove the rear plug cover, and get a tiny females arm, they can reach down and grab the lights, then its a straight shot to the battery.
I also added this rear grill. I built a mount for it to sit in the pole, pretty cheap and worked really well.

I want to put more leds in the front of the boat, but i dont see anywhere i can do that. Any suggestions?

Attachments

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks nice. Confused at where you mounted light (s). Did you do 1 or 2? Did you use screws? Can you explain further the easy wire pull - i dont get it. . Been a long day, so maybe its clear and im just missing the idea. Thanks in advance!

lyrikz74

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks nice. Confused at where you mounted light (s). Did you do 1 or 2? Did you use screws? Can you explain further the easy wire pull - i dont get it. . Been a long day, so maybe its clear and im just missing the idea. Thanks in advance!
Ok, so that is a pic of the left side of the boat. Its just to the left of the passenger side engine. Yes, you use 3 brass screws and plenty of marine sealant on the back. Getting the wires you have to remove the rear cover that goes over the clean out tubes and reach your hand down to grab the wires. Pretty easy if you have thin arms...

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Makes sense now, thanks!

lyrikz74

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Makes sense now, thanks!
Its two lights, one on each side. 1 light right in the middle would be easier, cheaper, and very bright. 2 of them is murder.

Recoveringfiberglassaddic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I've never installed any on a jet boat but have installed lots of forward and side firing docking lights on wakeboats. I would think it would be the same process. You would just have to be ready to put some good sized holes in the front of your boat(you already poked one below the waterline at the transom so what's another one??).

If you decide to try this mod theres a few things I've learned. Either stay out late and bring a small 12v cordless battery and fire up whatever lights you pick and hold them near location you want to mount and mark where they are actually working. It's easy to mount them pointing skyward or straight into the water so when you need them for trailer/docking at night they are useless.

For customers that want them and cant do the above I just have them try to mark just above the waterline at bow on both sides while floating. Then park the boat in front of a garage door or wall and start figuring out your angles so light is cast where you want it. Also helps you get them far enough forward so you have some beam overlap and not a dead spot in the middle.

Sorry for the long winded response. Just done an install or two that I wasnt happy with the end result and like to help others learn from my mistakes

Attachments

lyrikz74

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've never installed any on a jet boat but have installed lots of forward and side firing docking lights on wakeboats. I would think it would be the same process. You would just have to be ready to put some good sized holes in the front of your boat(you already poked one below the waterline at the transom so what's another one??).

If you decide to try this mod theres a few things I've learned. Either stay out late and bring a small 12v cordless battery and fire up whatever lights you pick and hold them near location you want to mount and mark where they are actually working. It's easy to mount them pointing skyward or straight into the water so when you need them for trailer/docking at night they are useless.

For customers that want them and cant do the above I just have them try to mark just above the waterline at bow on both sides while floating. Then park the boat in front of a garage door or wall and start figuring out your angles so light is cast where you want it. Also helps you get them far enough forward so you have some beam overlap and not a dead spot in the middle.

Sorry for the long winded response. Just done an install or two that I wasnt happy with the end result and like to help others learn from my mistakes

Wow, that is a big hole. So im assuming id want a different type of front light. That all makes sense on where to put it. Id definitely want it for lighting when putting it on the trailer and a nice glow for when we are parked and swimming. Need to find some lights now. I really like these lumitecs.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'd Google marine docking lights and explore options. Those lights are Rigids. They quit making them but some place still have them in stock if you hunt around. They were my favorite install.

lyrikz74

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. Any vendors you recommend besides rigid, i cant find those.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

^^didnt try putting them in the basket and closing to make sure they are in stock. If you pick these hit me up. I've got a sweet little trick with a diode when you wire them.

Otherwise any of the Attwood, Seadog, or other marine brand. I like the surface/flush mounts. There is one that is a big incandescent bulb that mounts on springs and has a lens over it all. Stay away from that one.

lyrikz74

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

^^didnt try putting them in the basket and closing to make sure they are in stock. If you pick these hit me up. I've got a sweet little trick with a diode when you wire them.

Otherwise any of the Attwood, Seadog, or other marine brand. I like the surface/flush mounts. There is one that is a big incandescent bulb that mounts on springs and has a lens over it all. Stay away from that one.

Ohhhhhh, nice. Whats the diode for??

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If you wire it to a 3 position switch you can only fire the front firings or the side firings one at a time. With the diode you can wire it so that you can run just forward while underway and then use the other position to fire the sides and forward facing at the same time so you have light to the sides and forward at the same time. Handy when near marinas/docks/ ramps