• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2016 ar190 smoking out the exhaust

cc580

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2016 Yamaha ar190 that has had grey smoke that comes out the exhaust a few times. it happened when I was towing a tube at maybe 3/4 throttle. I felt a slight hesitation then I saw the smoke coming out of the exhaust. I shut off the motor and it was rough starting. when it started the smoke stopped. I added a quart of oil and changed the spark plugs and it ran fine for a few hours then the same thing happened again. anyone have any ideas on the cause? I'm a jet ski 2 stroke guy and don't have a bunch of experience with 4 stroke ski motors. I would guess it is burning oil but seems funny it starts and stops. do these engines have PVC valves that could put oil in the engine?

I have a 2016 Yamaha ar190 that has had grey smoke that comes out the exhaust a few times. it happened when I was towing a tube at maybe 3/4 throttle. I felt a slight hesitation then I saw the smoke coming out of the exhaust. I shut off the motor and it was rough starting. when it started the smoke stopped. I added a quart of oil and changed the spark plugs and it ran fine for a few hours then the same thing happened again. anyone have any ideas on the cause? I'm a jet ski 2 stroke guy and don't have a bunch of experience with 4 stroke ski motors. I would guess it is burning oil but seems funny it starts and stops. do these engines have PVC valves that could put oil in the engine?
It's not smoke, it's steam. My 2017 does it all the time. In particular after a long time on plane, or after pulling a tube for awhile.

this is my ninth season using the boat and it hasn't done that until this year and I have done lots of tubing in previous years considering I have almost 400 hrs on the motor

also where would the water be coming in from its not like a head gasket would open and close

also where would the water be coming in from its not like a head gasket would open and close
Exhaust is out of the water while on plane. Coming off plane exposes previously hot parts to water.

I think I'm a little over 400hrs now as well (I should check), done it since season 1 on mine

maybe i wasn't clear on how much smoke is coming out of the boat. it is lots of smoke to the point people on the boat where asking if it was on fire. also the smoke started when I was on plane

maybe i wasn't clear on how much smoke is coming out of the boat. it is lots of smoke to the point people on the boat where asking if it was on fire. also the smoke started when I was on plane
Ok, that excessive for certain. I get a puff out from near the swim platform/ water line from time to time.

Is the exhaust port oily at all?

Back