• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 AR192 Throttle Upgrade?

chris1374

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hello Ya'll!

Are there any aftermarket upgrades available to replace the throttle joystick to something nicer and more sporty? Any ideas would be great!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They are really nice too! I drove @Bill D's boat with them and they feel good in the hands and very well made.

chris1374

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Those look pretty well made and look nice as well. I wonder if they are hard to install...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The cool thing about them aside from looks is that they allow for independent throttle AND bucket control (that's why you see 4 levers in that pic). Basically giving you more precision than the stock throttle and bucket setup. On a twin engine boat this allows to to precisely dial in how much bucket direction and independent RPM you want for a given side/engine. Makes for easier driving around the dock in high current or windy situations with less "sawing" at the steering wheel.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They were installed on my boat by the original owner. Below is a link to his very thorough installation. If there was one mod that I would pick as the first to do to my next boat, it would be these. The throttle installation begins towards the bottom of the page.

Looks like it wasn't too bad, just tedious to get them adjusted properly.

http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34481&start=135

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They were installed on my boat by the original owner. Below is a link to his very thorough installation. If there was one mod that I would pick as the first to do to my next boat, it would be these. The throttle installation begins towards the bottom of the page.

Looks like it wasn't too bad, just tedious to get them adjusted properly.

http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34481&start=135
Wow. Great thread! I did not realize your PO was nuts with all the mods!!! Love it.

--

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Wow. Great thread! I did not realize your PO was nuts with all the mods!!! Love it.

--
That thread was one of my favorites from the old site!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That thread was 100% the reason I bought this boat.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those are very nice. I found a used set on eBay, install was not super easy as the set had some issues (with it being used and sort of put together from multiple sets, so it had some quirks)

It's the best enhancement I have made to the boat. Hands down. Great throttle control.