• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 AR192 Tower Wiring?

chris1374

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hello All,

I'm looking to add an LED Light bar to my tower. Does anyone know how to get wires from the top down to the battery the proper way through the tower? Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-chris-

chris1374

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you for the info! I still don't quite understand the ingress and egress of the wires. Do you have to drill holes? Is there already an ideal location for the wires to come out on the top and at the bottom?
When you fold the tower and look on the starboard side you should be able to see the existing wires they ran for the LED tower / anchor light. Last time I looked up in the tower tubes I don't recall seeing any obstructions to run additional wires. When I get home from work I'll try running my fiber pole up in the tower and take a picture for you.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Once you decide where your wires need to enter the tower and then exit the tower (on either side of the folding joint) drill your holes, take a few cotton balls or arts and crafts poofs and attach them to a fishing line. start a shop-vac on the exit side and stick your cotton ball on the entry side. Vacuum will pull your cotton ball through and then just attach to your fishing line and pull in through in reverse.

chris1374

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Once you decide where your wires need to enter the tower and then exit the tower (on either side of the folding joint) drill your holes, take a few cotton balls or arts and crafts poofs and attach them to a fishing line. start a shop-vac on the exit side and stick your cotton ball on the entry side. Vacuum will pull your cotton ball through and then just attach to your fishing line and pull in through in reverse.
That is a pretty ingenious idea!!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dang I totally forgot about this thread when I got home yesterday. If you still need some pics let me know and I'll set a reminder for tonight when I get home from work. Sorry about that.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just tried to fit my fiberglass pole in the tower and the metal threaded end that connects each pole is too long to allow the pole to go in the tube easily. It feels like it could go if I forced it but I don't want to get it stuck lol. The tube entrance sort of goes down at and angle when you look at it from the rear once folded. You will need to use something smaller or try what @njmr2fan suggests. Maybe a bunch of coat hangers as a last resort :D.