• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 AR240 quality concerns

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody have this same condition in the bilge? My pump turned on on the water yesterday. Second trip it's done this in a row and previously it was dry, so I looked inside the hatch between the clean out plugs and noticed some bad looking fiberglass on the inside of the keel. The outside is perfect so it had to have been like this and I just never noticed. It's down in the bottom by the plug. Looks like it got bored by something.
There are also a couple of nuts missing from ride plate bolts that might be concerning. They should be there right?
I'm just starting to wonder about the shitty quality control issues I can't see.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Picture didnt show

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody have this same condition in the bilge? My pump turned on on the water yesterday. Second trip it's done this in a row and previously it was dry, so I looked inside the hatch between the clean out plugs and noticed some bad looking fiberglass on the inside of the keel. The outside is perfect so it had to have been like this and I just never noticed. It's down in the bottom by the plug. Looks like it got bored by something.
There are also a couple of nuts missing from ride plate bolts that might be concerning. They should be there right?
I'm just starting to wonder about the shitty quality control issues I can't see.
No pic

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmm, looks like they had the drill angled when they drilled the plug hole.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea that's what it looks like to me. A lot of the holes in the top deck are cut by robot at the plant but I'm not sure about the hull. You could grind down those rough edges of the glass and apply some new fiberglass mat and resin or take it to the dealer and hope they do a good job.

I would be more concerned with your ride plate missing mounting hardware. For sure get that fixed.

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, we went back out Saturday afternoon and didn't get much water at all after about 6 hours on the water. Bilge pump never ran and maybe 5 seconds light water drainage when I pulled the plug. I have not idea why it came on Friday night. I agree that it looks like it's from the plug hole being drilled. Doesn't seem to be an issue for now.
I'm curious what everyone else sees with the bolts on their boats. I've looked through some past posts with photos of that area relating to tow valves and transducer placement and most of them have some bolts with no nuts.