• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 ar240 speakers for sale

Luis Pena

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought a 2016 ar240 and replacing the 4 cabin speakers with wet sounds 6.5 speakers and also adding wet sounds rev10 tower speakers..how much can I sell the factory speakers? Amp? ......

Jasonsbiz74

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Let me know too....I just bought 2015 242LS and I'm changing out all 6 polk's for JL Audio's.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gee, with the improvement the Polks give for $50 a pair, I don't think you will find much market for the stocks. I think everyone has a couple pair lying around. I know I do...

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are the stock speakers the db651 on newer boats?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are the stock speakers the db651 on newer boats?
Not on the AR240. Only on the 242 limited. I think the stock AR speakers are cheap paper seaworthy speakers.

Jasonsbiz74

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, on the 242 LS, the stock speakers are the db651's...I think I have 8 pairs of them (6 from the new boat and a pair or two from my last boat). I upgraded to the polk's then upgraded again to the JL's. All sets for sale.

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Jason, what are you looking for on the db651's?

Luis Pena

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think it's those.....these are white

Jasonsbiz74

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@skrip345 hadn't really thought about a price. Make me an offer and lets see what we can do. I have a brand new Rockford m400 too. Oh and 2 dual bank battery chargers (used)...lol in case you need any of that stuff.

Bones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Jason.
I have a 2016 ar240. Took the boat out for the first time and it's safe to say the stock speaker (white) stink. When you put in he wet sound speakers was there a big difference in the sound quality? Did you amp, or run it off the head?
Not sure why Yamaha would put these junk speakers in the ar240 for 2016.

Jasonsbiz74

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm adding JL audio to the 6 in boat speakers, plus 2 subs and Wetsounds tower speakers. In my opinion, I would add an amp to anything you change out. There are a ton of amps out there at all different price points. Obviously the better quality amps will be cleaner power. Most of the better 4 ch amps really don't even draw that much power either. That's my 2 cents anyways

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm adding JL audio to the 6 in boat speakers, plus 2 subs and Wetsounds tower speakers. In my opinion, I would add an amp to anything you change out. There are a ton of amps out there at all different price points. Obviously the better quality amps will be cleaner power. Most of the better 4 ch amps really don't even draw that much power either. That's my 2 cents anyways
I concur.