• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 AR90 and AR192 Owners - Folding the Tower question

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
All you 2016 AR90 and AR192 Owners, did your boat come with two brackets for folding the tower? I could swear they were loose in my boat, but now I can't find them (two trips to dealer may have done it)...

Can someone post a pic of the brackets if you got them? I want to try and replace.

Thanks in advance.

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
There are no brackets that I know of. You unscrew the two knobs and the tower lays down and is stopped by the wires with stop washers I believe.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not aware of any tower brackets with the 2016 boats and new tower. Maybe you're thinking of the older tower design that had two brackets that I think were there for lowering the tower for storage? The new towers don't need a bracket as they prevent the tower from hitting the glass or steering wheel if you have the stop washers on the cables. I have my stop washers removed so that I can fit my boat in my 7' garage.

To fold the tower on the new boats just twist the knob but be sure either someone else is holding the tower as its quite heavy or they you are able to support the tower by yourself as you unscrew the second knob.

Last edited:

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I actually got 2 metal brackets that are supposed to attach to tower only for storage purposes when tower Is down. I have not used them. I can get a photo of them if you need it.

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Photo of the brackets for the tower. I've not used them because honestly I don't know how it works the dealer never showed me in the orientation. Kind of "oh here we forgot" sort of thing. Don't think I'd ever use them since its only for storage use

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Never seen that in my life nor did it come with my AR192. I don't even see how they would work to be honest.

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'd bet they are shipping brackets that the buyer doesn't get. They look pretty raw.

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Photo of the brackets for the tower. I've not used them because honestly I don't know how it works the dealer never showed me in the orientation. Kind of "oh here we forgot" sort of thing. Don't think I'd ever use them since its only for storage use
That is them! Dang it... well if nobody knows how to use them, they must not be necessary ;-)

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I actually put them on today for shits and giggles. they bolt in to the boat and the towers knobby thing bolts into to the bracket. It holds it stable during storage only. Not used for transport.

pete4180

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boat had those installed when I saw it for the first time at the dealer lot. On the pickup day they were gone. My dealer told me that they are only used for transportation from the factory to lock the tower in place to prevent damage on the tractor trailer.

chris1374

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My dealer gave them to me as I needed them to transport my boat from Arizona to Louisiana! They worked great and help provide extra support during transportation. They were easy to use...once I figured how...o_O

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bedlamfirm @Summers420us

Long shot here but does anyone have their brackets and want to get rid of them? I called my dealer and he doesn't know what I'm talking about so he wasn't sure if they had any there. Since I removed my tower stop washers in order to fit my boat in the garage, I use a car ramp to keep my tower supported and off my steering wheel. I'm able to lift my tower about 2/3 of the way once in side my house before the tower light hits the ceiling. Im wondering if these brackets would allow me to use them inside the garage instead of having to get in and out to use the car ramp?

Anyone have any pics of theirs installed and what the tower height is at that angle?

Last edited: