• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Scarab 215 HOI Wake-Windshield Issues

Sean Clements

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am a new Scarab 215 HOI Wake owner as of two weeks ago. On the second day, my windshield frame shifted and the center section no longer closes correctly. My dealer tried to fix it but it still did not line up like it should. A short 1/2 hour ride in the Niagara River on a calm night, it shifted and does not close again. Is this common or has this happened to anyone else? image.jpegimage.jpeg

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
:Welcome:Congrats on the new boat!! I've seen a few others with the same issue . I personally haven't had the issue on our boat , but others have posted that the starboard windshield needs to be removed and brackets adjusted.
Talk to Kevin the service manager or Mike Hall and they will take care of it once and for all for ya . We ordered our boat from anchor this year it was shipped with your boat . I was wondering if the guy who bought that wake edition would find this forum ! :winkingthumbsup"

funbobby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I had the exact same thing happen last weekend after rough ride in Lake Erie. Pics look just like mine. That V margin was there from day one, even though it did close, and I have no idea how they would even correct it to parallel. It's either a problem with the haul shape or windshield shape as I don't see how any bracket adjustments could affect that. Seems readjusting the brackets would just move the windshield inboard/outboard and fore/aft. I will ask the dealer to fix it at my 25 hour service next week even if it means a new windshield.

Sean Clements

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had the exact same thing happen last weekend after rough ride in Lake Erie. Pics look just like mine. That V margin was there from day one, even though it did close, and I have no idea how they would even correct it to parallel. It's either a problem with the haul shape or windshield shape as I don't see how any bracket adjustments could affect that. Seems readjusting the brackets would just move the windshield inboard/outboard and fore/aft. I will ask the dealer to fix it at my 25 hour service next week even if it means a new windshield.
The gap was straight when I picked up the boar, the picture was from their first attempt to fix it. They have pulled it out of the water and are working on it now. Hopefully I will know something on Monday...

Robert Sands

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Luckily mine is still in line, but one thing I did notice is that foam pad is messed up. You can tell that the windshield is moving a lot, because the foam pad is snaking around where they stuck it on as the upper window rubs on the bottom section. I think this is because it gets so hot and melts the glue under the foam pad, and we do most of our boating on nice days. The windows look nice, but I think the build quality is a work in progress. The fella across the way from me with a 2014 had his crack somehow without being hit.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry to hear/ read about all of the quality issues with scarab jet boats. I really like the way they look compared to comparably sized Yamaha jet boat. It's seems like new scarab owners don't have much choice but to become scarab experts when it comes to resolving such issues. @ScarabMike comes to mind when I state this, he has gone through the trouble of purchasing and learning how to use the standalone diagnostic system. If I was a scarab owner with boat problems I would ask him first because of his experience but that is sad OMHO since scarab and its dealer/maintenance network should know more about their boats than their customers do.

Capt. Disaster

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Sounds like it may be a 2016 build issue. My 215 was one of the 1st '16s built and the glass wasn't 100% aligned and ended up falling thru. My dealer - Factory Rec in Midland - was spectacular. They drove three hours each way n/c to get me mobile for my vacation and then fixed the issue by realigning the entire windshield. Did a beauty job. I had the entire windshield tinted last fall - only 30%. Think it looks great. 60 hrs on my boat and so far I'm quite happy with it. Had an '09 Seadoo Speedster 200 before this so I had a fair idea of what I was getting. As most people on this forum have pointed out, it all seems to come down to the dealer. Mine was a Seadoo dealer previously and knows the boats. They rock. If you're a dealer new to jetboats the I imagine it'll be a steep learning curve. The dealers will make or break any brand. When I called my dealer with the windshield issue the guy in Service said "there's no such thing as a problem - only an opportunity. This is our opportunity to show you how good we are..."

image.jpg

Capt. Disaster

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Good question. The windshield - the centre folding piece - was fixed last fall. It fit perfectly and the two swivel latches held it perfectly in place. I've put 15 hours on it in the last two weeks and just noticed yesterday that neither swivel latch is catching now. It's like the windshield has 'spread'. There's barely any 'glass overlap' on the foam piece anymore. It's looking like it did before it was fixed and the window is in danger of falling right thru again if the boat flexs... no sure what to think... it's like each time the boat has a hard hit with a wave the windshield moves out and out and out....

Sean Clements

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Good question. The windshield - the centre folding piece - was fixed last fall. It fit perfectly and the two swivel latches held it perfectly in place. I've put 15 hours on it in the last two weeks and just noticed yesterday that neither swivel latch is catching now. It's like the windshield has 'spread'. There's barely any 'glass overlap' on the foam piece anymore. It's looking like it did before it was fixed and the window is in danger of falling right thru again if the boat flexs... no sure what to think... it's like each time the boat has a hard hit with a wave the windshield moves out and out and out....
I agree, they have done a short term fix two times to get it to close again. As soon as I use it, it shifts again. The dealer is still waiting to hear back from Scarab on a permanent solution. Very frustrating on a brand new $60K+ boat...

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Wow sounds like the direct opposite of @Sean Clements issue . I'm glad to say we have not experienced this with our boat .... Yet ? We have hit some rough water too . It's gotta be the windshield brackets are the culprit?
Wonder have any 14/ 15 scarab owners seen this or have they changed something with the windshields in 16 ?

GoodByeHD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
2014 195 HOI purchased used. No issues initially, but over the last few outings the center glass does not close all the way. A slight push on the port side upper frame moves it over enough for the center piece to drop in. I have not taken the time to investigate possible issues.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
2015 with 31 hrs. No issues.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow sounds like the direct opposite of @Sean Clements issue . I'm glad to say we have not experienced this with our boat .... Yet ? We have hit some rough water too . It's gotta be the windshield brackets are the culprit?
Wonder have any 14/ 15 scarab owners seen this or have they changed something with the windshields in 16 ?
This is by no means unique to Scarab, Yamaha boats can suffer from that same problem, pretty apparent in the aftermath of rough sea crossings actually. I believe @JetBoatPilot was coming up with a mod to fix the issue, no idea if it would be universal.

Scarabtech

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have seen this on several boats both 195 & 215. I would recommend next time at your dealer have them fix it. Sometimes it can be adjusted by the 2 support struts located at the walk thru. Most time the windshield has to be removed and remounted and may require some minor fiberglass repair afterwards. This is covered under warranty. We see this on other boat manufacturers as well.

GIII

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Same BS but just the opposite gap (wider at bottom) on my 2014 195, happened only a few weeks after buying it, pretty sure after trailering 300 miles all the nuts fell off the windshield screws port side, and i can't get it to line up straight anymore - dealer doesn't give a crap. It shuts and is functional but that uneven gap looks sketchy AF.
I suggest everyone double up their nuts on those few screws you can easily reach in the radio console storage area & threadlock, etc.

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hit a large wave ... Boat flexed so much the walk through windshield ended up on the wrong side of the starboard side glass... Ended up removing the starboard side glass -- easy access and a few bolts to get the brackets disconnected. Not a huge issue but now I don't leave the walk through closed when underway. I leave it open unless in transport

Attachments