• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Vortex 243 - engine error

Fvtluis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello.
I am new to this forum as I acquired a property that came with a 2016 VRX. I am a first motor boat owner. I sailed a bit but never own a motor boat. I am decently comfortable with equipments in general and understanding/trying things. I finally got to put the boat in the water (It has been out of the water on the dock lift for 8-9 months). I checked the basic stuff, oil level, coolant level… engines fired up right away and sounded good. So out we when for a short test.
Within minutes and a little more rpm, stbd engine shuts off by itself. More rpm and port engine seems to overheat and more than usual smoke comes out of exhaust.
Back to the dock. few engine errors codes… coolant for port side is now below min (was almost at max when I filled up)

I have a mechanic coming to check it out but any indication of what I am looking at… did I miss a step in putting the boat in the water? I guess we learn from our mistakes but I am definitely here to learn…IMG_5809.jpeg

Thank you