• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Yamaha 212X - Photos

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The 21 footer might be gone next year they got rid of the AR210 but that might be to all the boats are running the 1.8 now
This is a very good point. They introduced a new 3 cylinder TR-1 engine for the skis and did away with the MR-1 engine there. I bet they shut down the production line for the MR-1 engines.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is a very good point. They introduced a new 3 cylinder TR-1 engine for the skis and did away with the MR-1 engine there. I bet they shut down the production line for the MR-1 engines.
That means that us 'Classic' mr1 owners need to upgrade soon!

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not at their current pricing Murph! They eliminated my potential price point...the sx/ar210 boats are gone. $45k for a 212ss is out of reach, and I refuse to downsize. 2016 was gonna be my year (my boat is 10 yrs old). The $36,000 sx210 with sound deadening improvements I was hoping for is off the table. 7 choices of 24' boats and only two 21 footers plus a giant hole between $35 and $45k? "Sorry folks, you're gonna have to pony up an extra 10 grand or settle for a little boat." I for one am disappointed.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I sold my VX Deluxe last week. It was fairly quick off the line. I wonder if the new engine with less displacement can match it.

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I sold my VX Deluxe last week. It was fairly quick off the line. I wonder if the new engine with less displacement can match it.
The new TR-1 is smaller, lighter, more fuel efficient and 13% more powerful than the MR-1 that it replaced. But I am uncertain which MR-1 that it replaced because the EPA paperwork shows it as 85KW (114) horse power.

Ovrblt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am in the market for new boat as well. Was hoping for a updated 212X. Only BNG, really!!! Now I'm not sure what I want to do now. Wish now I would have pulled the trigger on a 2014 5 weeks ago and taken advantage of the 5 year warranty. I hope Yamaha has good incentives come boat show.

qxbuzz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They should have at least added the forward swept tower this year... I can live without the other updates, and can easily upgrade and add ballast... The tower looks so good on the other models... If I buy a Yamaha, it might have to be the AR240 and add some ballast.

Twistedgrim

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
My first post on the fourms here. Yep Looking for a new 21/22ft Been drooling over the Yamaha's for a while. 212X would be what I would look for but the E series 24's are really what I want, but in a 21/22ft size. Hell I bet if you made a 20/21ft with the TR-1's it might be a pretty nice boat.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My first post on the fourms here. Yep Looking for a new 21/22ft Been drooling over the Yamaha's for a while. 212X would be what I would look for but the E series 24's are really what I want, but in a 21/22ft size. Hell I bet if you made a 20/21ft with the TR-1's it might be a pretty nice boat.
I would wait for August, many of us have high hopes for a new 20, 21, or 22' boat!