• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Yamaha 212X - Photos

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha provided great photos of the 2016 models and we would like to share some of our favorites. Reduced size versions are shown below. The full size images are attached at the end. I have included the side profile photos which I believe show all of the color options. If you are viewing as a guest, Logging In will allow you to see the full size photos.

2016_Yamaha_212X_SIDE_1024.jpg

2016_Yamaha_212X_Swim_Deck_1024.jpg

212X-Blue-Profile_01_1024.jpg

212X-Gray-Profile_01_1024.jpg

Attachments

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice colors. Have to give it to them, theyre talented when it comes to graphics.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So no sound reduction on 21 foot boats?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There was no mention in any of their materials or my discussions about sound/noise reduction in anything but the 24' boats..... :-(

I do hope they propogate that to the other models too, and the 242X I rode on was so nice and quiet!!! I could get used to that!!!

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Again, they really nailed it on the colors for the 212X for 2016!

Morrowcat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
So the went for the foward swept tower on the 190 series...any one know why they didn't do this on the 212?

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So the went for the foward swept tower on the 190 series...any one know why they didn't do this on the 212?
My completely uninformed but educated guess says redisgn next year...

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saving that for 2017

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My guess is that we will see a new 21 or 22 foot model with closer to 242X features and hopefully a wake boat hull launched for 2017.

Morrowcat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Ziess21 ....how accurate are these guesses of yours?.... I like the 50k price point and shopping now, don't know if I can wait til next year... foward tower and sound deadening I would be placing an order right now. I know there's still the ar240 but in adding 4k plus how much I'm spending in ballast system....curious minds are just trying to get all of my information as I don't want to be seeing 2017s and saying damn......

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ha! No matter what, we'll always be sayin that.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Really a shame that the 21 footers have become the neglected middle children of the Yamaha line. I really can't understand why they wouldn't put sound deadening and DBW into the 21s. I'm hoping to get a new boat next spring, so this lack of development of the Yamaha 21 footers basically means that Yamaha won't even be in the running.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Ziess21 ....how accurate are these guesses of yours?.... I like the 50k price point and shopping now, don't know if I can wait til next year... foward tower and sound deadening I would be placing an order right now. I know there's still the ar240 but in adding 4k plus how much I'm spending in ballast system....curious minds are just trying to get all of my information as I don't want to be seeing 2017s and saying damn......
A guess is a guess and I absolutely have no definitive knowledge on their plans... That said, the lack of 21' offerings this year certainly points to a new boat for next year, combine that with the fact that the typical 4 year life cycle is ending and I'd say it's a pretty sure bet next year will hold a completely new boat offering in the line up. As for the features, who knows.... I really HOPE to see a dedicated surf boat with tabs and side to side switching but they really seem to be avoiding that for some reason....

Morrowcat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@OrangeTJ ....I agree with you and I'm in the same place...the 21 ft appeals to me as it seems to be yamahas fastest boat on a power to weight ratio. I know unicorns don't exist but to get as close to the perfect boat for me would be an updated 212x. Close ratio lock to lock sporty steering and quickness (think 19 ft dana with merc jet and 460 Cid meets family cruiser meets watersports enthusiasts) with ballast and still having family friendly sound levels would check EVERYTHING on my list as well as the wife.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@OrangeTJ ....I agree with you and I'm in the same place...the 21 ft appeals to me as it seems to be yamahas fastest boat on a power to weight ratio. I know unicorns don't exist but to get as close to the perfect boat for me would be an updated 212x. Close ratio lock to lock sporty steering and quickness (think 19 ft dana with merc jet and 460 Cid meets family cruiser meets watersports enthusiasts) with ballast and still having family friendly sound levels would check EVERYTHING on my list as well as the wife.
On that note, I'd like to remind everyone that YAmaha reads these forums and the more vocal we are about we want creates a greater chance of actually getting it!

Morrowcat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Then I would like to add I REALLY like the 50k-ish price

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Damn. I'm waiting for a 21 footer! So the original watersport boat will be last to get the watersport upgrade, really?

Morrowcat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Dough .... maybe yamaha will come through and deliver this unicorn boat for 2017? New hull for increased wake, new tower and sound deadening, more ballast and surf tabs while still hitting 55 mph and handling like a wave runner at 52k...

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The 21 footer might be gone next year they got rid of the AR210 but that might be to all the boats are running the 1.8 now

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Ziess21 's analysis makes sense.....they will want to get as many years out of the current design, but they will also want to get that sound deadening into all the models. I'm also surprised they didn't add the sound deadening to them all, but after discussing it with Yamaha they said that it requires a complete redesign of the engine area, that is wasn't just sound proofing. So makes sense to do it when they redo a model.