• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Yamaha hull stress cracks

Larry Andrews

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello,

Been on the site for a while, but first time posting. Has anyone had issues with stress cracks on their hull. I have 2016 Yamaha E-series and durig our last trip out we ended up hitting a wave a hard, so much so the window door got wedged closed. Upon further inspection I found some stress cracks on the front left of the boat. I wasn't doing anything crazy we were on the river and ended up with a bunch of larger boats going by us. I would think that the boat would be rated enough to take waves on the river. Would this be covered under warranty?

glad to have you on board, I'm sorry this is your first post!

I can't give you an accurate answer only that it seems like it's hit and miss with cracks, almost how much your dealer will go to bat for you against corporate, it's gets discussed every few months so you may try to do a search for previous posts on it,

maybe someone else will be able to chime in with better instructions for you,

Our dealer covered some stress crack while the boat was under warranty. I think it just depends on your relationship with your dealer. I believe technically they are considered cosmetic issues.

Back