• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 255XD spider cracks lead to bigger problems

Dustinankrom

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We noticed spider cracks going down the whole side of our boat early last year it has literally taken us a year to to finally find out the floor on the driver side is flexing it took our dealer 5 months of emailing pics to Yamaha before I finally told Yamaha if they didn’t figure it out I was going to sue them so they finally sent out a warranty technician who confirmed that their are issues with the hull after he submitted his findings to Yamaha the escalated my case to someone higher up who asked me what resolution I was seeking I told them that it has already been a year we only have been able to use the boat a few times sense we bought it due to not knowing what was wrong with it and it only has like 20hr on and we would rather Yamaha just purchase the boat back after the lady took it to the higher ups in the company she came back and said that they would be willing to take the boat back to the manufacturer plant and try to fix it and if they could fix it they would send it to dealer after they fixed it and dealer would access it and give me a offer based on what it’s worth I told them hell no that it’s a new boat that I bought new and I’ve already waited this long and I’m not waiting another 6months to see if they can fix it and then sell it for what it’s worth by that time it will be 2 years old and not worth 70% of what I paid for it and Yamaha said that’s all they are willing to do right now so I’m going to half an sue them which is ridiculous I have always been a Yamaha fan and always owned Yamaha toys but this is the end of the line for me. I know their has been a bunch of postings on here about the same cracks in the back I would advise everyone that has this crack to have the floor checked out another issue we was having was the divider door that goes under the bypass window would always pop open and it was due to the floor flexing these are just a few photos of the bigger crack in the back that I’ve seen a lot of other boats have you can see where Yamaha tried to repair it when they manufactured it

Attachments