• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

2017 190 fsh

Jayybird76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I’m having issues getting on plane with people on my boat. Boat seems to be under powered my top speed with just 2 adults on it is only 35 mph. Yesterday I had 4 adults 2 children and almost couldn’t get up on plane and even when I did I was only running 20-25 mph at 6800rpm. I do have 4 batteries 2 for the boat 2 for the trolling motor and I had 2 coolers full of ice and drinks so I was weighted down but everything I read said the boat should run in the low to mid 40’s and I’ve never been close too that even running on glass with no wind. Is it jus a weight issue or do I need to look into other things?

You should be running better than that, Heres a couple of things that come to mind. Last time you pulled or replaced you spark plugs? have you ever pulled your impellars and inspected for damage to the wear ring or impellars? How old is the gas in your boat? how about the air filter, how does it look? hopefully not oil soaked.

You should be running better than that, Heres a couple of things that come to mind. Last time you pulled or replaced you spark plugs? have you ever pulled your impellars and inspected for damage to the wear ring or impellars? How old is the gas in your boat? how about the air filter, how does it look? hopefully not oil soaked.
Just changed the plugs, fresh ethanol free gas, have not checked the impeller or wear ring yet, but I’m watching a video on how to change it as we speak. Boat only has a little over 50hrs on it not sure if that matters as far as the wear ring is concerned.

After you figure out the speed loss get some trim tabs from lectrotab. I have the auto set up it’s one of the best mods on my boat. I think they have an annual sale for us so I just used the price difference towards the auto control.

The kids are not impressed, you need more boat Dad.

Back