• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 195 impulse wake edition ski mode not fast enough?????

Monsterbuck1974

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So when we fill all our ballast and ad extra sack on back or a full boat the ski mode will not give enough throttle to bring the boat up to the desired speed. If I manually operate the throttle it doesn’t have a problem getting to say 9/10 mph. Is there something that can be updated or adjusted in the software or???

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length

Monsterbuck1974

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The ski mode sets to desired speed ok but doesn’t actually get to it in ski mode

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
And without ballast? The response you got on Facebook may be correct.

Monsterbuck1974

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
With the factory installed ballast filled it is ok it just doesn’t seem to give enough throttle when I add an extra swim deck bag, so I have to manually operate the throttle

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Yeah, then it really sounds like Will is correct. By adding ballast, you are modifying the boating characteristics of the boat considerably. You'll either need to operate manually or play withe ballast to bring the bow down which will bring the speed up. But as he said, too much bow weight and you'll lose your wake. It's a scientific art from what I've seen. lol

Monsterbuck1974

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I had thought I saw somewhere that there is a software update for the system that gives you more adjustment on the desired wake speed because right now I can only adjust by 1mph increments. Just thinking that update might also help with more needed throttle

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Haven't heard of that, but I'm also not in the wake world. If there is, only a dealer could do it via the BUDS dealer software.