• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 195 wake edition ballast help

Shoveldead

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
2017 scarab 195 HO wake edition. Just got it used from original owner. Anyways the center ballast bag doesn’t seem like it wants to fill or drain. When hitting the switch nothing happens and I cannot hear the pump running. Side ballasts work and fill/empty no problem. Also who has used a wake shaper/wake gate? I’ve heard people say they don’t work on jet boats but just wondering if anyone has used them and noticed a positive difference. Thanks.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On the center bag: check the breaker and/or fuse first...

JoeSpear

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I’ve got a 2016 255 and had the same issues. I checked the power at the pump and it was coming in at around12v. I bought a cheap replacement inline pump from harbor frieght and it worked great. But then I tried filling up both center and outside ballasts at once and the center hasn’t worked since. I’m guessing when running both it somehow shorted out the center pump again. Would be curious if anyone else is running into same issues. When I get the boat back to the house, I’ll test the voltage when I turn on both pumps to see if I get a surge, but you would think if that is the problem it would simply throw the breaker… 🤷‍♂️