• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 212 ls speaker wire

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, you are doing fine. All of what @JDRacing said is exactly right, including the not being finished part...

I have a JL. I think I used a Y splitter like that until I found out the switch they have that lets you do that. It was covered very cryptically in my manual, so I will not be surprised if you pass over it and don't get it. The Y splitter won't hurt, but ultimately will not be needed. But since you have it, do it the easy way and use them. That will let you just do a simple 6 channel in (3 L/R pairs) and 6 channel out.

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
any tricks to running the wire I need to know about? I plan on getting one of those tools to fish the wire through
Yes, you are doing fine. All of what @JDRacing said is exactly right, including the not being finished part...

I have a JL. I think I used a Y splitter like that until I found out the switch they have that lets you do that. It was covered very cryptically in my manual, so I will not be surprised if you pass over it and don't get it. The Y splitter won't hurt, but ultimately will not be needed. But since you have it, do it the easy way and use them. That will let you just do a simple 6 channel in (3 L/R pairs) and 6 channel out.
I called JL, they have been great with customer service. Without me mentioning a Y splitter that’s what the employee told me to do. Here’s a picture of my manual.

Attachments

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just verified this today. Can’t believe I didn’t catch it before and I switched them to parallel now and wow what a difference. I didn’t choose to run entirely new wires since I have the stock Polk’s and just have an amp driving them. I only had to add addition ground runs from the in cabin rears back to the helm. I took the existing green(port) and purple(starboard) wires labeled “Series positive” and “Rear starboard positive” and spliced them together and connected them to the positive terminal on the rear cabins. The swim platforms you don’t need to touch since it has series positive on the positive and it’s own series negative running back. Then just attached the new ground runs to the neg of the rear cabins, run back to the amp and boom converted from series to parallel.