• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 212X Ballast tank winterization

FredB32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Could someone point me in the right direction as far as the winterization process for the ballast tanks? I've found several boat videos and guides, but nothing specific to the ballast tanks on our boat.

TIA!

I just make sure my tanks/bags are empty. I'll unhook the hard tanks by the fittings in the engine bay and suck out what little water is in there with a shop vac. Center locker bag I unhook it, take it out, and drain it all the way. No water to freeze in there or if there is it's minimal to where expansion won't do anything.

I just make sure my tanks/bags are empty. I'll unhook the hard tanks by the fittings in the engine bay and suck out what little water is in there with a shop vac. Center locker bag I unhook it, take it out, and drain it all the way. No water to freeze in there or if there is it's minimal to where expansion won't do anything.

Do you use any sort of attachment to get into the rear tanks at all? No concerns with the pumps that are part of the system? I'd think if you ran them for a short bit to empty/fill, they would push all or most of the water out anyway? Just have to make sure you don't burn them out :)

Do you use any sort of attachment to get into the rear tanks at all? No concerns with the pumps that are part of the system? I'd think if you ran them for a short bit to empty/fill, they would push all or most of the water out anyway? Just have to make sure you don't burn them out :)
Just take the hose off from the pump to the tank and stick the shop vac hose to the hole. In reality it'll drain most of it as soon as you disconnect the hose from the pump to the tank into the bilge which will drain out the back. There's not really any water that stays in the pump. Maybe a few droplets, but not enough to freeze and create problem. My hoses also all tend to not have much if any water. Suppose you could disconnect those and suck them out with the shop vac.

Back