• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

2017 212x Tongue weight

yup, the bay in the ski locker.

last thought - have you tried hooking it up to your Q8?

I don’t think the Q8 is an option for us. The commander is a perfect vehicle to beat up, surfboard racks/beach/lake vehicle in the summer, snowboard carrier/mountain vehicle for the winter.
I was able to move the boat back on the trailer today with some good results. Trailer and boat with half a tank of fuel was 5000 pounds. Started out with 536 pounds, 10.75% on the tongue. IMG_6302.jpeg
IMG_6303.jpegShifted the boat back 6.5 inches and came up with 385 pounds, 7.7%. Wanted to see what it would do with 200 pounds on the swim deck and it went down to 335 pounds at 6.7%. Still well within Shoreland’s recommended range. Overall weight distribution on the trailer was pretty good. 54.4% on the front axle.IMG_6307.jpeg
Left rear is a little light, so I might shift some weight around in the under seat compartments and put more of the heavy items on the left rear corner.
Took it on a short, 6 mile highway drive and it seem to pull much nicer. Definitely helped out the sagging issue by a little over an inch measured at the wheel well, but I plan on putting bags on the commander to get it to sit level. You can definitely tell that it’s light on the front axle on the commander when going over bumps/steering in the wet.

You could shave another 150lbs off that tongue weight. I keep mine circa 7% and it tows great. Last check I had mine at 358lbs. for the 21' loaded and full tank.

Im guilty of not having enough toung weight on my camper trailer once and it ended up on its side in the ditch next to the interstate.
Recommend tung weight is generally 10-15%
View attachment 198509

As far as the bunks I wouldn't want the boat hanging off the back of them a long ways, I know I have read with an outboard and a conventional transom you want the bunks to extend past the transom so the weight of the motor and transom are sitting on the bunks. Extending the bunks or just moving the axle my be a better idea. I'm sure there is a way to calculate how far to move the axle once you know the total and tung weight.

10-15% is pretty heavy with the dual axle trailers and double what Shorelander recommends. My boat hangs a couple inches off the back of the bunks and I have towed many thousands of miles without issue. When I need to change the bunks I will most likely lengthen them a bit.

You could shave another 150lbs off that tongue weight. I keep mine circa 7% and it tows great. Last check I had mine at 358lbs. for the 21' loaded and full tank.
I’m going to get a weight safe hitch and see if it correlates with my 385 and 335 added to the swim platform. If so it will be easy to check when the boats fuel tank is full and adding coolers/gear to the ski locker.

Back