• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 212X when the 2018s come

n33d45p33d

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi guys, long time lurker. I'm finally getting ready to purchase my first boat and I'm really leaning towards a 212X. I did a test ride on the 2017 model a couple of weeks ago at the Miami boat show. However I'm not quite ready to purchase it yet, planning on an early 2018 purchase. I've been reading that you can get some good deals on any leftover inventory from the prior year. When do the new boats for the new year start coming in? I'm assuming around that time is when it's best to start shopping some good discounts on the 2017 since the 2018s will be coming.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum!

New year boats start to trickle in usually around August. Most of the cost savings on leftovers I've seen happen around the end of the year/winter season.

Happy boat hunting!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Enjoy the purchase process and keep reading. It is a very nice boat and the quietest Yamaha I have been on. We hope to see pictures of your family on the boat next year.

n33d45p33d

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. I guess around August I'll start visiting some of the dealers in Miami and seeing what happens.

Any tips would be appreciated. What to look for and things to ask for.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. I guess around August I'll start visiting some of the dealers in Miami and seeing what happens.

Any tips would be appreciated. What to look for and things to ask for.
Any "savings" you would expect to get on a prior year model is balanced by the increase to the 2018 MSRP as well as the inventory avail. If you wait until January 2018 to find a 2017 you may find limited inventory. If you are willing to travel to get what you want, this may mitigate any inventory shortage concerns.