• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 243 vortex VRX ( 1 engine won't start - Water leak)

Zulf

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi Everyone, Hope I can get some help with the water leak ...

I am in the process of purchasing a 2017 243 Vortex vex. When we took the boat for a test, we noticed that once we started the engine the water start leaking from this part (pic attached) of the engine. There are small gap and small crack between the two metal channels. Its the metal piece on top of the engine ( it is between the air filter and the engine)

I wanted to know if this is a big job and should I try to avoid purchasing the boat. My concern is:

1)what causes the water to leak?

2) Is this normal that this piece leaks or has some one tampered with it

3) Will it cause long term or future problems

4) Will it also effect other parts

5) What is this cost of this ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi and :Welcome: to the forum.

This is not good and should not be leaking. The screws could be loose and or missing. Check all the way around the Catalytic Convertor. Check both cats to make sure they're all tight. If any are missing check the underneath.

How many hours on the engines? Are those 250s? I have the 2017 223VRX. My cats are black and are newer engines than yours.