• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR 195 buying help needed

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
After looking all winter for a reasonable priced wakeboard boat or something with a walkabout layout(with no luck) I have come across a mint condition 2017 AR 195 in the greater Nashville area. Asking price at the dealership is 31,500.00
The dealership isn't open today, so I have no info on why it was traded so quickly, but I thought I might get some thoughts on the price from the folks here.

Thanks

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Price sounds reasonable, any idea the hours on the engine? As far as why it would have been traded in, it could be as simple as once they got in the boat and started using it, they were ready for a bigger boat. Someone once told me you aren't buying this boat you are buying your next boat. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I believe that they call it "two-foot-it is" or something similar......lol
I do remember that the folks here were a tremendous help in the fall of last year when I was considering either a 190 or 195 (and had a zillion questions) and finally just decided to hold off until this year. I'm a Yammy dirtbike and Waverunner fan, so I am okay with both Yamaha and jet motor facets...:)

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The folks here are fantastic, I would have never been able to pull the trigger without everyone's help and advice and you have quite a bit of a leg up on most of us newbies being a Waverunner owner. My son just bought a FX model and when I opened the engine compartment, I saw a very familiar 1.8L engine sitting there.

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am a big fan of the older FX marine motor. Mine has been essentially bulletproof. If you get a spare minute, the AR is on a website for Aqua Sport Marine in Nashville. The boat is in the "used inventory" section. A Google search pulls the site right up.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it the one at Aquasport? Looks super clean to me. I would jump on it for that price. The tower speakers are a nice add on.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Man that is a GREAT looking boat! Only questions I would have did the boat come with the Y.E.S warranty and make sure you could transfer it. How many hours on the engine, other than that I'd be ready to pull the trigger, I just hope it's still there from over the weekend....Good luck it could be a REALLY good weekend to get out on the water. I agree with @Matts18 in reference to the speakers.

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, this is the boat......:)
I will find out about the hours, warranty and why it was sold tomorrow when they open. When I was looking last year, the local dealer in Knoxville had a 192 in the color and engine size that I wanted and 190 in the layout that I wanted, but I couldn't find exactly what I wanted. This boat is what I was looking for.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
IMHO I think it's priced right but that wouldn't stop me from trying to get OTD for 30K and/or get some equipment/discounts thrown in :cool:, is TN still at about 10 percent on the sales tax, not sure that applied to rec vehicles, I used to live in Memphis (unforturnately, was never able to get blessed to live in East TN, which we love) and we would drive to MS to get a break on the sales tax..

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In TN we pay state sales tax and local sales tax. The state sales tax is 7% and the local tax is 2 ish % depending on county. In Knox county the local tax is 2.25% but capped at $36 and we have no yearly personal property taxes. I am not sure how those big city Nashville people do it but I suspect it is similar.

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I live in East Tn most of the time (Watts Bar Lake), but my legal state of residence is KY. As such, I am exempt from paying Tn sales tax as an "out of state" buyer.

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No doubt that I would love the boat, but I essentially have two IMPORTANT issues to overcome.
1. My wife REALLY wants a wakeboard boat. She is wanting a boat that has both a walkabout layout and a sunpad.
2. She wants a bigger boat. We already have an 18 footer that is simply too small.

Neither of us wakeboard or plan too, but I guess it is like buying a Vette. Not very practical, but sharp to look at.

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Boat was a local trade-in on a bigger boat. Sales guy said boat has no hour meter. Says it has a meter that indicates how much gas has been used and to divide that by the number "7". Current meter reading shows 330 gallons.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
BS use the M&T buttons turn the key just so the engine starts to turn over let go of the key the LCD display will come on, cycle through and display the current setting. Push the M button, the display should hightlight the current reading then press until you see "more M&T" press the M&T buttons together and press the M or T button until it displays engine hrs

Last edited:

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Young sales guy who didn't seem to know anything about transferring the YES warranty (which is transferrable according to Yamaha) or much else for that matter.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Did you get the hrs? I will post the 2013 owners manual if needed just to give you something if they don't have one there go to page 35.

Attachments

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The salesman said that someone was coming to look at the boat - which may or may not be true-, but does the multi-display have an option that shows how many gallons of fuel have been burned?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
yes in order of display, fuel level, water depth*, voltage, water temp*, GPH, MPG, GAL used, (more M&T), then, MPH, RPM, ENG HRS, MI TRIP, MPH MAX, then Less M&T

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@vetplus40
The salesman said that someone was coming to look at the boat - which may or may not be true-, but does the multi-display have an option that shows how many gallons of fuel have been burned?
SO what happened with the boat and the dealer???