• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR 195 Humminbird Helix 5 mounting

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a Helix 5 I bought last year for my previous boat and took it out before I sold it. Does anyone have a gps unit mounted in their 190 series boats that could give me some pointers on a good location for mine.

I haven't even picked up my boat but my mind is racing with all the ideas I have and Mods I want to get done.

Thanks!

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I did a quick search for a mounted Helix 5 (which you probably already did) and couldn't find much...and nothing on a 19. The orientation of that Helix 5 unit is going to make it a little tough (IMHO) to find a mounting location on the narrow helms we have. The picture below is my helm with my Lowrance Elite 4. It is 3.5" wide. The Helix 5 is 7.5" wide. If you did put it in the same location, it seems like it would visually obstruct your Cruise Assist. If that isn't an issue for you then it might work.

Of course, you have lots of room on the other side of the helm. I just felt like it would be in the way over there...always getting knocked by people moving forward and aft from the bow.

IMG_0082.JPG

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I like this mounting position, I just ordered my RAM mount and will try and install this weekend.

Thanks for the help.

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure what your Helm layout looks like, but with a RAM mount for the HELIX 5 the mounting options are endless. Here's how my HELIX 5 turned out...IMG_0109.jpg IMG_0110.jpg IMG_0111.jpg IMG_0112.jpg

robert cabrerea

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The transducer on the 19s seem to be the difficult part of the install. Ive seen a few tutorials on it. Any chance you can post a few pics?

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm not even sure I will use the transducer, I mainly want it for the maps I have installed and GPS functions. If I do install the transducer I will do a write-up on how it was done though.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The transducer on the 19s seem to be the difficult part of the install. Ive seen a few tutorials on it. Any chance you can post a few pics?
You may have already seen it, but this thread is what I looked at prior to doing my install (including the transducer). I've seen some confusion regarding the "plumbers putty" used in the process. The putty is simply there to provide a dam for the epoxy when you install your transducer. You can remove it after the epoxy dries. If you get the transducer pushed firmly through the epoxy so it is in good contact with the hull below, it works great. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

I'm not even sure I will use the transducer, I mainly want it for the maps I have installed and GPS functions. If I do install the transducer I will do a write-up on how it was done though.
If you have the time, I'd go ahead and mount the transducer (if it came with your unit like mine did). I don't use it much as a fish finder, but I like having the depth where I'm looking anyway. Even if I know the lake I'm on well, I rarely use my wish-o-meter anymore since my GPS speed is on the screen.