• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR 210 Bimini top question

John Baumer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello good people,
I purchased a AR 210 last fall as my first boat. I have a had a great season so far, with over 50 hrs. since the first weekend in May. I suppose that I am not bright enough to understand the owners manual, as it pertains to adjusting the 3 positions of the top. I see that you can chose long, medium or short on the adjustment. I have no problem with the long setting, but I don't follow how to pull it down for the others. I am reluctant to "force it" down. What am I missing? Thanks!

I don't think it is possible to engage the other two buttons (short/medium) without tearing the bimini or bending a support pole. So just use the long adjustment. That long/medium/short adjustment from the manual is far from reality. Basically only one (long position) would fit. I have a 2018 AR210 and it is the same design. It is not possible to enagage those without some kind of a mod.

I removed the front two forward facing poles and cut aprox 1 inch frome each, reinstalled the two plastic caps and now i get all three positions.

I believe they are more likely to be adjustments for use after several years as the Bimini top may stretch over time and use with age. I can engage the first two but have to press really hard down over the center rear and have someone else to lock them in place but the top is extremely tight when doing this so I usually just use the last detent.

I’ve been able to use all thre positions by forcing it. Nothing bent or broke. I leave mine in the second position and don’t have any trouble setting it up or with a rope.

I’ve been able to use all thre positions by forcing it. Nothing bent or broke. I leave mine in the second position and don’t have any trouble setting it up or with a rope.
You use a rope over it with the second setting?

You have a different tower and bimini. 210's are not the same as Limited S. I can hardly engage the third longest setting.. with a TON of force. I can't even imagine forcing the middle one. I am not that strong lol.. Actually Neutron has a great idea of maybe cutting an inch of the front support brackets.. that will loosen things up a tad bit.

You have a different tower and bimini. 210's are not the same as Limited S. I can hardly engage the third longest setting.. with a TON of force. I can't even imagine forcing the middle one. I am not that strong lol.. Actually Neutron has a great idea of maybe cutting an inch of the front support brackets.. that will loosen things up a tad bit.
I could tell mine was way off. Because the hole on the center with the zipper side was very close to the rope pole. Now its centered even with equal spacing front and rear

Sorry, I didn't realize they were different. Disregard, lol.

Back