• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 fsh 30mph max speed @7000 rpm MY 2022

It’s frustrating to read about these folks having these issues with a really cool boat. There has got to be a simple answer to this issue somewhere, you don’t get a 1000 rpm drop from an oil change that is done correctly.
Piggy backing on this thread. My 2018 AR210 is having the exact same problem with the same engines with 70 hours. I pulled it out of wet slip, scrubbed the entire hull, changed oil/ sparks. Oil level is maybe a little bit high but nothing crazy. Running 7500 RPM and only getting 30-33 mph. In TN so elevation is low. Impellers are fine. Is there a trim setting I'm missing or a throttle cable thing? I'm at a loss.
Also, what fuel / octane are you running?

Feels like more than just an RPM thing. At 7000 RPMs, with two adults, a dog, and 2/3 tank of gas, 410' elevation, just a hint of a tailwind on calm waters at 70 degrees, I was at 37 mph this morning which is about normal. WOT for my boat has always been 7400 or so, and that lets me flirt with 43 mph in perfect conditions.

Most everything said hear has been correct and yes wet slip is a factor like Tommy Mck says . Gel coat is not water proof it can soak up many pounds of water and the dirt it deposits deep into the gel add weight and that staining is hard to remove as it deep into the coating. Now add some marine growth weight and water resistance and you can loose speed and rpm.

FSH and Mahtin 15 brought up a great point about that woke me up!!!!!! Mahtin called out 90+temp and FSH air density and altitude and it rang a good bell ........Small cc engines like the MR-1 that generate HP from high RPM are way more sensitive to power loss from Heat/Density/Altitude and weight distribution than the Big block Iron I came from. Merc I/O with a 496 had only 340hp but close to 400ft pounds of torque.....torque is far less sensitive to temperature/density changes. My Merc might loose 3 mph on a hot summer day her in Fl land.

I don't think much can be done on the low CC low torque engines in high temps/altitude/density.

Thanks for more things to consider/keep in mind.

This is my first season in a wet slip. I am considering getting the paint done on the hull. Will that inhibit the growth?

Also, I got out on the boat again today. I had another 20oz bottle and one of the big monster energy cans (bottle??) with the lid (aluminum). Today I filled another 20oz bottle and started to lose count of how much oil I’ve pulled out in CC’s. I think I’m pushing 60oz. When I looked in the port dipstick hole I could see oil just below the threads!! I had initially taken out another 20oz then when I got back to my slip removed more oil after an extended idle in the no-wake zone. After the first bottle today I did note a slight increase in RPM on the port engine… maybe up to 7200-7300.. The starboard was still limited at 6900-7100 RPM. I actually felt like it might have dropped a little bit.

I am saving all the oil I remove and intend to send a sample from each engine to the oil analysis company (I can’t remember the name) to see if there is any signs of anything weird being mixed in with the oil, or maybe the dealer didn’t drain the oil at the 10 hour change?? I don’t know. Can't/shouldn't jump to conclusions.

I am going to try and get back out tomorrow or Thursday to give her another full throttle run to see where I sit now I have lowered the level even more.

I appreciate every comment in here. I have scrubbed the underside of my hull and did not find tons of deposits, I did not end up pulling the boat last weekend to go to put-in-bay, but I intend to pull it in the near future to pressure wash the underside.

I will report back once I have more info.

Attached is a picture of the oil I have pulled so far.

Attachments

• IMG_3489.jpeg
    IMG_3489.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
Interesting thread and definitely frustrating.
You have received great advice and suggestions.
After reading everything I think it still could be the oil level. If you are at 1/2 to 3/4 full with a proper measurement you can pretty much rule that out. Fuel quality is possible, but you have run several partials fills through…Did they all come from the same dock pump? Still a possible issue.
I noticed you mentioned adjusting the throttle cables - presume WOT are hitting the stops.
Hope you get to the bottom of it.

One more small update… I spoke to my service advisor at the dealership. She has made a note of this complaint of the excessive oil and I am going to be taking the boat in after the Labor Day holiday to get it checked out.

I still want to see if getting the oil to the middle of the dipstick gives me the elusive RPMS I am missing.

Thank you again for the advice / insight.

@FSH 210 Sport's replies on this topic have been great (as usual). As I have read through this and Bubba's thread, one common denominator that doesn't seem to have been brought up is that the boats mentioned all seem to have been wet slipped. Not that I know how that could affect top RMP. My first, middle and last inclination when thinking of loss of top RPM is usually density altitude or some other issue with how the ECM is handling mixture. ShireRider's first post clearly indicates that density altitude isn't the issue in his case at least. I struggle to see a likely scenario where the dealer changing the oil resulted in a 500 rpm decrease for both motors. I wonder if there wasn't some other "update" that they flashed as part of that service for FSH210's of this model year that they neglected to mention.

And as mentioned several times in this and the other threads, focus on RPM. If you get that where it's supposed to be, speed is going to be what it is given loading and condition of the hull.
I would like to point out that I have only wet slipped once for a few days and this issue had been happening well before I have ever left it in the water.

One more small update… I spoke to my service advisor at the dealership. She has made a note of this complaint of the excessive oil and I am going to be taking the boat in after the Labor Day holiday to get it checked out.

I still want to see if getting the oil to the middle of the dipstick gives me the elusive RPMS I am missing.

Thank you again for the advice / insight.

Take more or bigger containers and get that oil level where it is supposed to be and get back to us. Your oil levels were EXCESSIVELY high.

Hey @ShireRider, are you sure your buckets are adjusted properly so they're completely up out of the way when you're underway? And that they're not toed in or out excessively? No idea how that adjustment would get changed, or if it's really possible/probable, but I'm just trying to think of anything that would cause your boat and mine to behave differently when running under similar conditions and at similar RPMs.

Back