• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR210 Connext Screen

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got out to the sand bar and noticed that the screen of my Connext unit appears to be delaminating. Has anyone else had this issue? It is something that I’m sure I would have noticed on the ride over. Seems to have happened just as I shut off the boat. Any ideas?

Attachments

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doesn’t look right. Are you sure it’s just not the OEM protective film that was never removed?

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doesn’t look right. Are you sure it’s just not the OEM protective film that was never removed?
That was my initial thought as well, but no. It’s deeper into the plastic screen than the film.

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was my initial thought as well, but no. It’s deeper into the plastic screen than the film.
Still have a warranty? Any issue with display and functionality?

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still have a warranty? Any issue with display and functionality?
Fortunately yes, it’s is still under warranty. Unfortunately, my closest Yamaha dealer is about 2.5 hours away. I plan to call the dealer where I purchased on Tuesday to get their thoughts and try to prevent having to take it in.

No issues with the display at all, only the surrounding edge.

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thankfully you have the warranty. And there’s no functional issue. Perhaps a good winter or off season time to travel over. If you just purchased the boat you may have a few other items to address.

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How hot was it when you were parked at the sandbar? I noticed my connext screen would turn into a stove (crazy hot) when parked under the sun for a lengthy period of time. I got worried it would eventually damage it so to me is now standard practice to put a shirt or small towel over it when docked under the sun....miami heat can be +90 degrees, can’t be good for these screens over time.

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How hot was it when you were parked at the sandbar? I noticed my connext screen would turn into a stove (crazy hot) when parked under the sun for a lengthy period of time. I got worried it would eventually damage it so to me is now standard practice to put a shirt or small towel over it when docked under the sun....miami heat can be +90 degrees, can’t be good for these screens over time.
It was warm, but nowhere near as hot as it has been, may be high 80’s by the time I got to the sand bar. The bimini top is always up so it’s covered. I noticed it has gotten worse today. No clue what could be causing it.

mrehmeyer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
It was warm, but nowhere near as hot as it has been, may be high 80’s by the time I got to the sand bar. The bimini top is always up so it’s covered. I noticed it has gotten worse today. No clue what could be causing it.
Just got my 242SE and noticed that the connext screen was very hot, almost painful to touch... thought it was the sun, but was listening to music later that evening and it still became very hot in the dark... turned brightness way down but that didn’t make much difference... is this normal? Is there a way to turn off the screen?