• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR210 direct radio and speaker replacements

CP88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all,
We just purchased a 2017 AR210 and we are looking at replacing the stock stereo and speakers. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
Thanks

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are going to have to be more specific. How much is your budget? What are you trying to achieve? If you want amps you will need at least one additional battery. You have to consider how you are going to charge the additional batteries after use. Also you would need to put in another boat switch with an ACR most likely, depending on what is in there right now with an additional battery or so.

Also some other specifics such as, do you want tower speakers, do you want a Sub woofer, are you adding any more speakers or just the stock 4?

The more specific on what you want to achieve with a sound upgrade, the more advice we can give you.

CP88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, should have been more specific. For now just replacing the stock head unit and 4 speakers. Eventually, adding some tower speakers as well. We are just trying to hear it outside the boat.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The stock Head Unit is fine. the Head units do not supply alot of power. To hear it outside the boat you will need at least an Amp and some speakers. And depending on how long you play the radio, you will most likely need a second battery. You don't want to drain down your primary starting battery.

I am preparing to upgrade mine and it is about $1700 for a decent system. 6 speakers, 1 Subwoofer, and an Amp. For higher end it can up thousands. I already have a second battery to power it. You could probably get a system down around $1k or so with 4 speakers and bit less amp etc. Lot of threads here on it.

To switch out the speakers without an amp you won't get much, and you will be dissappointed.

CP88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The stock Head Unit is fine. the Head units do not supply alot of power. To hear it outside the boat you will need at least an Amp and some speakers. And depending on how long you play the radio, you will most likely need a second battery. You don't want to drain down your primary starting battery.

I am preparing to upgrade mine and it is about $1700 for a decent system. 6 speakers, 1 Subwoofer, and an Amp. For higher end it can up thousands. I already have a second battery to power it. You could probably get a system down around $1k or so with 4 speakers and bit less amp etc. Lot of threads here on it.

Thank you for the recommendation. We also have a second battery already. I will look into adding the amp and speakers.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
4 Ohm

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Size, yes they are.

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all,
We just purchased a 2017 AR210 and we are looking at replacing the stock stereo and speakers. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
Thanks
Literally doing this exact thing now. Over the fall I upgraded the interior speakers with new infinity 6.5” speakers with a matching inifinty amp, next week I’ll be getting 2 8” Rockford fosgate M1 tower speakers with a 10”M1 sub, I’m replacing the stereo deck with a fusion MS-ra210 along with the nrx-300 for the swim platform remote. Adding extra amps and already installed the second battery over the fall off season with ACR. You need to have your idea planned out it can ballon in price quickly. I didn’t even go all out and sitting just creeped above $2k

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The infinity set up I got from a member on her and did it over the fall when I installed the 2nd battery. That audio upgrades was about $400 and it made a huge difference on the interior sound!

CP88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The infinity set up I got from a member on her and did it over the fall when I installed the 2nd battery. That audio upgrades was about $400 and it made a huge difference on the interior sound!
I just purchased some Kicker speakers and amp for now. Will install them when they come in.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just purchased some Kicker speakers and amp for now. Will install them when they come in.
:Welcome:
A decent amp with a real 50w/ch or more and 4 Kicker speakers will sound pretty good plus louder than the stock system. No need to change the head unit if it has RCA line level outputs, unless there's something wrong with it.

CP88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:Welcome:
A decent amp with a real 50w/ch or more and 4 Kicker speakers will sound pretty good plus louder than the stock system. No need to change the head unit if it has RCA line level outputs, unless there's something wrong with it.
Thank you for the recommendations.

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just FYI. I added and amp, speakers and sub but was getting noise in my system.
I tried (3) different infinity head units (315) and they all made noise....I even contacted infinity and they pretty much acknowledged this as well.
I switched to a fusion ra670 head unit and the noise is gone and really like the unit.
I could turn my music on pause with the infinity units and you could hear the noise/hiss, I also found them cumbersome to use.
Fusion now has a 210 unit that is better priced....I have my music on USB sticks, that is one of the reasons I went with my unit.
The $50 wireless remotes are awesome as well, I have 4 of them.

SamN44

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just FYI. I added and amp, speakers and sub but was getting noise in my system.
I tried (3) different infinity head units (315) and they all made noise....I even contacted infinity and they pretty much acknowledged this as well.
I switched to a fusion ra670 head unit and the noise is gone and really like the unit.
I could turn my music on pause with the infinity units and you could hear the noise/hiss, I also found them cumbersome to use.
Fusion now has a 210 unit that is better priced....I have my music on USB sticks, that is one of the reasons I went with my unit.
The $50 wireless remotes are awesome as well, I have 4 of them.

Pick one of these up to eliminate the hissing noise if it comes back.

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, I tried a ground loop noise reducer and that did not work.
I also hooked it up to my car system and sent the unit to an engineer at Infinity.
I am sure there is always some noise but it is a matter or how much and how much it bothers you.
Every time there was a pause in the music, I could hear it.
The fusion I replaced it with has much less if any noise/hiss.