• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR210 with dry oil dipstick

MoreFunWet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After running for about 4 days on the lake, while returning last night the engine warning light and alarm came on. Low oil pressure on the starboard engine. I shut it down and checked the level... The dipstick was totally dry.
There is zero evidence of a leak that I can see... Thoughts?
Oh..it has 103 hours and had it's yearly maintenance done by the dealer. Is it possible the oil pump is out?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If the oil pump was out you would still see oil on the dipstick in the sump/oil pan (if any was in there to begin with). I wonder if your dealer forgot to add oil after he drained it. I always inspect the oil level before heading out. If anyone works on my boat or car I would also be sure to check behind them to make sure it's done right. If you had a leak you would certainly see it all in your engine compartment and bilge. That's 4 quarts worth of oil MIA so I just don't see that escaping your motor without a trace. Did you inspect the oil level at some point after the dealer serviced it?

MoreFunWet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update.. took it back to the dealer.. we determined it was a very small leak at the filter, when I checked it I couldn't quite reach the far end and missed the residue. Replaced the filter and we are keeping an eye on it.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With that much loss of oil there would be more than residue. You would have more than 1 quart in your bilge

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Each engine holds 4 quarts of oil. So is your missing oil all in your bilge?

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like your dealer didn't put enough oil in the engine and then blamed it on a leaky filter. As others have said, you would have lost a fair amount of oil for the dipstick to be dry and you would certainly see evidence of it under the engine.