• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 scarab 215 tower minimum garage height

vwDavid

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Hi, I am considering a 2017 scarab 215 wake (tower). My garage is 7 ft clearance and scarab literature states the overall height with tower down is 7’5”. I have been scouring the inter webs to find a picture of a 2017+ with its tower down to get an idea if the overall height could be reduced in anyway, say with partially disassembly of the tower, removing the bimini, nag light or and to see which way the tower folds. I can’t find any photos like this.

Does anyone out there have photos of a 2017+ 215 with tower folded down?

Can anyone suggest if additional clearance could be obtained?

Cheers,
D

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
You could flatten the tires. That would probably get you a couple of inches. Probably workable if it's for seasonal storage but not the best idea if you're going to do it regularly.

vwDavid

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thanks Nexus. I have also read about flipping the axle, smaller tires, etc etc..

But I return to the 215 tower fold down as I just cannot find pictures or comments if the overall height can be reduced a bit more using easy methods such as nav light, tower bump stops, bimini removal, or removing the upper part of the tower only.

Do the lower tower arms stick up above the windscreen? So many questions.

Thanks,
D