• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Yamaha 190FSH Deluxe Throttle Stuck in Neutral

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Due to COVID and other family issues have not used the boat in close to a year. Tried using Boat today but throttle was locked solid in neutral. Engine came on without issue, sounded fine, and water cycled through engine normally. Made appointment with Cycle Springs to hopefully fix issue, but earliest they could get me in is August 5th. Can anyone advise if it’s a potentially serious issue and if there is anything I can do in the interim. Any help will be appreciated.

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Due to COVID and other family issues have not used the boat in close to a year. Tried using Boat today but throttle was locked solid in neutral. Engine came on without issue, sounded fine, and water cycled through engine normally. Made appointment with Cycle Springs to hopefully fix issue, but earliest they could get me in is August 5th. Can anyone advise if it’s a potentially serious issue and if there is anything I can do in the interim. Any help will be appreciated.
Try some yamalube grease on the gate and steering cables (should do that a couple times a year btw). Make sure there's no corrosion back there as well. You can have someone gently pull the gate up and down while you are moving the throttle back and forth. Dont force them. Do you run in saltwater?

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Before you use grease/oil, you might want to spray some mild acid on the areas that could have rusted in place. You could use Starbrite Rust Stain Remover or similar product. The acid will eat the rust in a couple of minutes; it will also eat any salt accumulations. Afterwards, you will need to flush and lube the areas.

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks for the quick responses. Yes, I was able to loosen the throttle lever and also the steering. A little bit of rust had developed in the controls, but was able to remove, clean, and lubricate. However, I have not been able to get back in the water to fully test. Hopefully this week.