• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Yamaha 242x....good deal?

mike holdenrid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
hey joatboaters! Newbie here...this is my first post. Love the website and have been trolling as I’ve been researching buying a jet boat.

I’m dealing on a 2017 Yamaha 242x. It has 40 hours and is stock aside from thrusters. It’s under warranty until 2020 and is being sold by a local dealership. They are asking $62,500.

What are your thoughts...good deal?

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
242X E? Looks to be what they are asking on boat trader so you may be able to negotiate a little more

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is it fresh water or salt water use ? Under 6ok

mike holdenrid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes its and Eseries and only used in fresh water. It was bought from the same dealership in the spring of 2017. They are just under $60k at this point.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is it in perfect condition no dock rash ?

have them take you out on a water test try to fill the ballast bags . They have some issues and may not fill all the way check the rear remote its in a location that it ends up under water check to see if the knob turns and pushes in. use these items to try and negotiate a lower price

call on boats in Boat trader and make offers

mike holdenrid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There is some rub on the graphics. We discussed the seller removing the graphics prior to purchase. I haven’t test driven it yet. They want $59,500 and I offered $58,000. Thanks for the test drive tips @Cambo