• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Yamaha AR190, No start just a Click. Need Help

MorrisonJan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How it all started…

Batteries were fully drained by a bad sound system set up. Charged them and started up but after a few the batieres weren’t holding up so under warranty I replaced them to be 100% on the water.

Sunday came around, boat fired up over 4 times without a problem but didn’t want to fire up on the water after a few hours.

So I checked batteries and they are fully charged. I checked fuse box and fuses look good.

I noticed when I turn the key the gauges move halfway and pause then finish through, try to fire up and no turn but there’s a click noise.

Made sure I’m on neutral.

Played with the position of the safety landyard
I replaced the solenoid which the clicking noise came from when turning the key.
Have a feeling it could be the starter but also have a feeling it’s something to do with bad contact somewhere.

Croker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I had the same issue. Go out in the morning park up at the beach for lunch and an hour later when we wanted to leave it would take a good number of cranks to try start engine again. If we left it for a few more hours or over night it would start up just fine. I think it may have been a grounding wire as ours were very corroded but didn't have long to test this theory as I cleaned it the day before we put it back into storage.

Others have talked about wet spark plugs in the past as well but I don't know much about that.

This is a really frustrating issue as it its hard to replicate and inconsistent and defiantly annoying being stuck.

This might be useful

MorrisonJan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the same issue. Go out in the morning park up at the beach for lunch and an hour later when we wanted to leave it would take a good number of cranks to try start engine again. If we left it for a few more hours or over night it would start up just fine. I think it may have been a grounding wire as ours were very corroded but didn't have long to test this theory as I cleaned it the day before we put it back into storage.

Others have talked about wet spark plugs in the past as well but I don't know much about that.

This is a really frustrating issue as it its hard to replicate and inconsistent and defiantly annoying being stuck.

This might be useful
Thank you, I’m going to check the ground connection, perhaps cleanup the battery terminals and wires.

MorrisonJan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Replaced the starter and I’m back in the water 👍🏼