• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Yamaha SX195 Stereo Upgrade

probee773

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Guys! I'm hoping someone out there will take pity on stereo noob and point me in the right direction. I'd like to upgrade the sound on my 2017 SX195. The Marine Audio MA200 head unit and 4 Polk DB651 6.5" speakers sound decent, however, they don't get loud enough when running on a plane, and they don't have enough low end punch for my taste. :cool:

I was thinking about adding a 10" subwoofer with amp, as well as another amp to juice up the 6.5's. I was also thinking about adding a second battery. Any recommendations on sub and amp makes/ models? It would make my OCD happy to get a Polk sub, but I don't have to if that isn't the best option. Thoughts? [flag]

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Go JL on the sub you wont regret that I understand the OCD thing but I just went to Kicker 6.5's and a JL sub and it really doesn't bother me that much now. Even adding power to the polks isn't going to give you a lot of bass but if you add the sub you will be fine

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I went with two MTX marine amps and a 10 inch Polk sub in a sealed enclosure and am very happy with the sound for the relatively low cost. I also added a second battery and a dual bank smart charger. All in I think I'm under 500 bucks or so.

probee773

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went with two MTX marine amps and a 10 inch Polk sub in a sealed enclosure and am very happy with the sound for the relatively low cost. I also added a second battery and a dual bank smart charger. All in I think I'm under 500 bucks or so.
When you say Polk in a sealed enclosure, do you mean you keep it in the storage compartment behind the door? No holes cut in the fiberglass? I was looking at that option as well... Maybe putting a sub in the storage compartment behind the door and cutting a vent into the door so that the sound radiates more.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It is in the back of the starboard side rear under seat storage. If there's no one sitting on that seat I'll just slide that cushion to the side a little bit if I want more volume from the sub. Otherwise it hits pretty hard and sounds pretty nice.