• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 195 Reverse Gate Issue

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Happy fourth everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me out here. My reverse gate will not lock into the forward up position and has been dragging since the start of the season. I had my local scarab dealer look at it and they said they adjusted it and fixed it but when I took it out I was still experiencing the same issue. I don't want to bring it back as it's a 2 hour one way trip and another 2 week wait for them to look at it. I have made the adjustments on both ends of the cable with no difference being made. My reverse module seems to not be actuating far enough. Is there any way to tell if its my cable thats stretched or a bad reverse module? I disconnected the cable from the reverse module and manually put my reverse gate into the forward locked position. Attached is a photo in the neutral position as well as forward position. In the forward position the actuator is short about half an inch. Hope that makes some sense...Screenshot_20210704-124343_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210704-124351_Gallery.jpg

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like the shaft came off the actuator.

The little pin on the fiberglass is used to hold the shaft on the actuator. Place the bronze shaft in the hole of the actuator, and place the pin just like you would on a castle nut. Bent it back on itself, and you are good to go.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks Mike for the reply. Does the 2018 come with the reverse override when key is on and engine off? I've been reading of this feature but I cannot find it under my settings. I only have back light adjustment and clock adjustment.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It does have a maintenance setting to lower and raise the grate. I cant remember how to do it on these boats. But you can easily disconnect the cable from the bucket to free up the cable and reconnect it to the actuator.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies Mike. I didn't do the greatest job of explaining what was going on. But it ended up being my INR not being configured with my gauge cluster.