• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 210 FSH SPT TR1 issue

Legionnaire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Running the boat yesterday felt like port motor had no propulsion similar to what it feels like if you leave the clean out port out. No debris in the intake or an in the intake or around the impeller shaft. Seem like if I stopped and then started back up slowly I would pick up propulsion. Any ideas on what’s going on would be appreciated.

Please note, by contract I am compelled to provide the smart a$$ answer first:

Did you leave the clean out port out? :)

Sounds like cavitation. I recommend pulling the pump. We have an FAQ on it in the FAQ section. It is not as hard as it sounds. Sometimes debris gets in there where you can't see/feel it well, but there is no hiding when the pump is pulled. Also, while pulled, you will be able to better inspect for missing caulk in the jet path and chewed up impellers (which could also cause the issue).

I have had similar experiences, hunted and hunted and found nothing, but then pulled the pump to find fishing line wrapped in between the impeller blades... And another time some seaweed stuff waaaay back where I didn't reach to check.

Thanks for the response. Appreciated the initial response as I am sure some do exactly that. Ensured clean out was seated and locked as initial step in troubleshooting. Cleaned out port, dove under to clean out intake and noticed some grass around shaft. Maay have left some and will take your advice when able and pull pump to clean and inspect.

Thanks

Back