• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 212 Limited S oil filter wrench

Mattdog501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi Everyone,

Anyone have the specific oil filter wrench from Yamaha? oil filter wrench "2" YB-06874 I believe...

Im just curious if this filter end type wrench would be better than the rubber ratchet strap wrench?

Thanks!

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use the filter-end wrench and have much better success with it over the rubber strap. during one change my filters were unusually difficult to remove and the rubber strap just wouldn't get it. I picked one up at local parts shop for less than $10.

Mattdog501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The wrench Yamaha references fits over the end of the filter and you just insert a regular socket wrench into the back. Im not sure if that is what your referring to? I cant seem to find the yamaha wrench that fits my filter which is 69j-13440-01-00

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, it fits over the end of the wrench and you use a regular ratchet / socket wrench in the back.

I picked mine up at Advanced Auto.

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can buy cap style filter wrenches at any auto parts store. Like others have said, almost any strap style wrench will grab these. They should never be very tight. But if they are, it takes nothing to knock them free.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/pennzoil-4568/tools---equipment-16488/oil---lube-tools-16607/oil-filter-wrench-17364/89da7c4bc0ef/pennzoil-oil-filter-wrench/19402/4610110?q=filter+wrench&pos=1

$6.99 done

Either my strap wrench was junk or the filters had seized up somehow. I never intentionally over-tighten them, but the strap just wouldn't spin it free.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It happens. If you cannot find a cap wrench, the worst case is driving a screwdriver through the filter and twisting it off that way. It's messy though.

Good luck!

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It happens. If you cannot find a cap wrench, the worst case is driving a screwdriver through the filter and twisting it off that way. It's messy though.

Good luck!

That's exactly what I did.