• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 242 E series collapsible bimini tower

Tms1224

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Need some help. Trying to book a rack and stack for up coming season and in order for my boat to fit on rack I need certain height clearance. (2018 242 e series) My boat is currently in storage and not accessible. Does anyone have any input or pics or measurement with the tower collapsed?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
are you me? haha. Same boat (pun intended) here. All I could figure out is that you shorten the height about 1 ft with the tower down, not a big difference. Only real numbers I saw were height on trailer. 10ft 11in vs 10ft tower up vs down.

I ended up caving and renting a tower spot on the rack.

Tms1224

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
are you me? haha. Same boat (pun intended) here. All I could figure out is that you shorten the height about 1 ft with the tower down, not a big difference. Only real numbers I saw were height on trailer. 10ft 11in vs 10ft tower up vs down.

I ended up caving and renting a tower spot on the rack.
Thanks man ! Nice boat !! I love the thing and can’t wait for this season !! Ya I need bottom of hull to top of Bimini minus a foot I guess. Trying to secure a spot but without the measurement I’m bumming !

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
for what its worth, the 242s that I saw at the marina were all stored with the tower unfolded.

Wesley Cobb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My 242 is stored with the tower up. The staff and I looked at it folded and came to same conclusion mentioned above...there is little difference in dimension up and down due to the angle of the aft portion of the bimini. I opted to keep it up. I trust the experience of the marina staff and they take great care retrieving my boat. I would offer one word of caution, however, Be sure to lower the light on the top! Keeping it up could damage the light assembly if it gets caught. Also, remember you will be looking at the clearance at an angle so the distances will look closer than they actually are.

Final thought...having the staff tilt the bow up slightly while taking it off the rack will slightly change the angle of the bimini lowering the aft end w/out raising the forward end. Food for thought.

PPKap

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Those are some good looking boats! I love it in black. Mine is a 2017 I bought new last August.

Question: Does anyone have the height of the tower up while the boat is in the water? I'm looking at a covered dock for the season and need to know.

Thanks, Ed