• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 242 Limited S E-series, vs 2019 AR240

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi Y'all. I'm in between a the two boats mentioned in the title.

2019 comes with 3 year extra warranty, and a boat cover. Basically 60 OTD price. 2018 is 66 OTD, but includes 5 year warranty. Prior to taxes and all that stuff, it is actually about 11K under MSRP. It is a demo boat with 6.5 hours in but will be sold as if it was new. Never registered before.

Thoughts?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is an absolute no brainer to me. Taken what you are saying at face value, $6k for the tower and E-throttles upgrade ALONE is a crazy good deal.
Not just a great deal, a crazy great deal.

My 0.02

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks! Do I miss out on anything remarkable by the 242 being a 2018? Also, anything to worry about it being a demo boat? 6 hours seems pretty low usage but not sure what these demo boats go through.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don't think you're missing out on much.... and you are getting a whole lot more. Like Swatski said, the tower, throttle by wire are big upgrades. Add in the freshwater shower, larger Connext screen, better stereo, more speakers, etc......

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks! Do I miss out on anything remarkable by the 242 being a 2018? Also, anything to worry about it being a demo boat? 6 hours seems pretty low usage but not sure what these demo boats go through.
The 2019 have the new redesigned pumps which look amazing and are supposed to work that too. But you don't get the big screen in the AR.
And the massive 2018 LS-E tower/bimini alone is about $5k difference with the AR tower if you start spec-ing things you will get >20k difference. Also can't upgrade to the E-throttles in AR (cost prohibitive), same with the tower really.

EDIT: pumps are upgradable, if those new ones turn out to be as good as we think they are (and the parts become available), the cost of the full upgrade should be somewhere between $1-2k for the twins.

--

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
'18 E-Series, without question.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@swatski I'm a complete newbie at this. What are the pumps?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski I'm a complete newbie at this. What are the pumps?
The jet pumps. Those stick outside of the transom under the swim deck, if you look at any of those boats stern, or in a showroom.
The so called reverse buckets and nozzles - for redirecting the jet stream to move the boat in reverse - have been redesigned in the 2019 models, should give better control and handling in reverse and slow/no wake speeds.

2018s and older could easily be upgraded with the 2019 parts if warranted but there is nothing wrong with the older design really.