• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 242 Limited SE - Touchscreen Issue

Sardaan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We had a great down in and around Ponce Inlet. Short 45 minute drive back to our hose, while we do not live on a lake our neighborhood has a boat ramp. I had some time to kill and decided to take the boat on the lake for a little while and give it a good pre flush with lake water. Got the boat in the water and the touchscreen will not come on. Bluetooth is connecting and music is playing, the blower will not run and none of the physical buttons are responsive (including the Bluetooth auto volume).

I turned power off at the batteries a few times, no luck the music always started playing....everything else was not responsive. I opened the engine compartment to vent any fumes and a few minutes later I started both engines. The boat ran and drove fine, but of course no touch scree and none of the buttons worked. Strangely the nav lights were on and I could not turn them off until I got back on the trailer and turned off the power.

Fuse? Short? Internal cable issue?

Any of your thoughts would be appreciated.

Back