• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 242 Limited SE - Water Leak

cwood

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've had a slow water leak in my 242 since it was new. The warranty expires later this year, so I decided to try to find the leak (I know, this should have been resolved long ago). I found a leaking water hose at the rear of the boat (see picture) that appears to be leaking where the factory applied silicone (the hose is not loose). Any inputs on what this hose is for and how to correct the issue? I can take the boat to the dealer, but that's always a pain and I prefer to do the work myself if possible. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That hose is what goes over the impeller shaft and makes that transition from intake tunnel to Mid-Shaft bearing water tight possible.
I would also take a look at the intake tunnel where the shaft goes into like a white, plastic piece. Want to make sure nothing is wound around your impeller shaft in that location.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did you get this stopped? @1WetBoat is correct. It's for the impeller shaft. If there's an issue here, you should only see water coming in from here while the boat is on the water. This hose is not under water pressure, like a cooling line.

cwood

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I found the leak while on the water. I decided to take the boat to the dealership as it's still under warranty. Hopefully they'll correct the issue!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Gotcha 👍