• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 242X Audio Problem

Chewyobx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The fader problem that you describe is a common one. Sometimes zone 2 on the Fusion head unit gets accidentally linked to zone 1. This has to be changed in the head unit. Go to Settings>Zone 2>link to zone 1 and select it. You will see a check in the box or the box will be empty. You want it empty.

Unfortunately, there is no advanced audio settings menu on the connext display.

I do not recommend changing the pinouts at the back of the Fusion head unit to fix balance issues those connectors damage easily. The best place to do any rewiring would be at the Amplifier outputs to the speakers. If you want to attempt to rewire those connectors to fix the balance, I could provide you with some crude drawings of the connector pinouts as they should have been from the factory.
How does one get access to the head unit if there is no advanced audio screen to make sure that zone 1 and zone 2 aren’t linked? Having the same issue with no sound coming from speakers but audio is playing

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
It is on the menu on the radio not the conext screen.

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

BoaTN

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The programmer is something that Wetsounds tech support will provide to you or a dealer to fix a problem. In my case the program on the amps didn't match the wiring harness on the boat. They won't provide the software to adjust the gains or anything else. All I could do is plug it in and press the button to flash the amps.

The point of the OEM amps is that they can be setup as optimally as possible for the application (and that may be conservative to reduce warranty claims) and can't be changed by the end user like the consumer amps. The only option you really have if you want to change anything is replace the whole amp.

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The point of the OEM amps is that they can be setup as optimally as possible for the application (and that may be conservative to reduce warranty claims) and can't be changed by the end user like the consumer amps. The only option you really have if you want to change anything is replace the whole amp.
That was my suspicion. I've already started planning how to work around it. I'm ordering the B-plug for the Fusion unit - that will give me my low-level RCAs - and I'm looking at an 8-channel Fusion amp to power a wet sounds Stealth 10 Core and factory speakers. This way, I can put two channels each on the soundbar, bow, and cab speakers, and bridge two for the sub. I'm also planning to get the WS 420 SQ so I can balance it all easily from the captain's chair. The swim deck speakers will be run off the Fusion's internal amplifier since that's good for 25w/channel and will only be used when moored/anchored. If I decide to upgrade the speakers later, that will be super easy.

I'm just super-pissed that I have no control over this $800 amp. And I doubt there's any kind of market to sell these.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The programmer is something that Wetsounds tech support will provide to you or a dealer to fix a problem. In my case the program on the amps didn't match the wiring harness on the boat. They won't provide the software to adjust the gains or anything else. All I could do is plug it in and press the button to flash the amps.

Can you let me know who to contact about this my L & R is all mixed up.